Aspie here, checking in here from NY...

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

idomyownthing
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Feb 2005, 2:21 am

Well, my mom's been pushing me to do this, since she's tired of my complaining about not having anybody to relate to. Well, here I am, ready to take a plunge into unfamiliar waters.

I've been an Aspie for all my life, and I've wished from the time I knew about it myself that I could get rid of it. I'm 22 years old, but I have the experience and pop-cultural likes of a 44-year-old.

My life's goals are to:

-Learn how to drive.
-Get married.
-Move to Florida.

You may be familiar with my writings if you've visited http://www.fast-rewind.com or http://www.i-mockery.com. My passions are movies, music and making money.

I may be autistic, but I'm high-functioning autistic, and I'm determined to live a good life.

I look forward to discussion with all of you.

Sincerely,

John "idomyownthing" Kilduff

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2005, 5:33 am

Welcome to WP - Good luck with all your goals. I reccomend getting driving lessons from an instructor, as family members can get a bit angry.

When I was 16 I stalled 3 times in an intersection because dad was yelling at me to "GO!".

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2005, 6:42 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet John and good luck with your goals :)

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2005, 6:43 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet, John! :D

Glad you decided to join us.

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Ebi
Raven
Raven

14 Feb 2005, 2:20 pm

Welcome to WP John!

Second the driving instructor suggestion. Try to find one that is *really* patient and easygoing. There's still hope - I didn't learn to drive seriously until age 29! I flunked the license tests twice (yes, twice!). I went through sheer hell with it, but I preserved and finally accomplished my goal. Now I can go anywhere in my car with a big deal of self-confidence!

Good luck![/b]

JayShaw
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Feb 2005, 8:51 pm

Quote:
My passions are movies, music and making money.

When you say that you have a passion for making money, do you mean that you have a tendency to focus strongly on hoarding or accumulating money? I'm curious mainly because the accumulation of money is probably my strongest obsession, presently.