Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

PM
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2011, 5:42 pm

I think it needs to be stated that the Korean War never ended.

A cease fire was signed on July 27, 1953, but with a regime change, said cease fire could become null and void. If that is the case, prepare for the conflict to resurface.

For more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2011, 9:30 pm

PM wrote:

A cease fire was signed on July 27, 1953, but with a regime change, said cease fire could become null and void. If that is the case, prepare for the conflict to resurface.

Another war! That will get us out of our current recession.

ruveyn

PM
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2011, 10:49 pm

ruveyn wrote:
PM wrote:

Another war! That will get us out of our current recession.

ruveyn

More like the continuance of the Forever War that is slowly eroding our Constitution.

We have the resources to overthrow every rouge dictator on the planet and end the Forever War, but if we did, the people in Washington would not get elected.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 2:29 am

PM wrote:

More like the continuance of the Forever War that is slowly eroding our Constitution.

Of course. The Forever War will be our ruination economically, politically and morally.

ruveyn

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2011, 12:33 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
volatility, i expect it to be scary time around the DMZ

I've heard that there are many in the DPRK military who are weary of seeing the Kim family in control.

But still, what they have to fear in the DMZ is millions of starving civilians streaming across the border.

their constitution named Kim Il Sung Eternal President so considering the Cult of Personality the Kim family will most likely always remain in control, at least until the DPRK is reformed into a new government, though when that will be i do not know. it also seems to me that each generation of Kim's to rule is a weaker and weaker leader, so change might come pretty soon for all we know

my biggest criticism of Kim Jong Il is that he is driving himself out of business by starving his people, correct me if im wrong but juche is their self sufficient attitude right?