Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ErikMouse
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Feb 2005, 3:02 am

Hi there, I'm fairly new here. I ended up finding out about this place through my mom doing searches for autistic information. I would like to introduce myself, my real name is Erik McDarby and I believe that I have been disgnosed to have autistic tendancies. Right now, I am currently 26 years of age and I'm from near Martins Creek, Pennsylvania (even though I have a Bangor, Pennsylvania address) and currently living at home with my mom. But I'm not living in the same house as my mom as I'm living 120 feet away in a barn that has been converted into a nice house for me complete with heating, electric, phone, cable tv, and plumbing. Currently, I am unemployed and unable to get a job for a number of reasons due to my autistic disabilities and that I'm also afraid to get behind the wheel of a vehicle. Due to my disabilities, I get a bit of income from the state and a social security check that really helps to pay the bills and stuff.

As for my interests and explaination of myself, I'm going to attempt to explain myself even though I feel a bit embarrassed mentioning this here. My interests is that I like to use to computer to design and make my own webpages and I have some friends online that I talk two (quite a few of them are in the autism spectrum) even though that none of them are in my area. Now as for my webpages, its usually regarding my hobbies that are into certain cartoon shows, collecting stuffed toys, and also stories and fan fiction that I have been writing. My webpages are online (still many broken links) at http://www.km-website.com and have also provided chatrooms and forums (like this one) at http://forums.km-website.com

Even though that I do have a place for friends to discuss online, I don't know exactly why I can't get anymore than a few people there. I also have other interests such as video gaming to the point I have software that can help me make an rpg game, and in spiritualism and shamanism. These two would be a little more difficult to explain, but I'm going to give it my best shot. I have two spiritual guides (possibly even three now) who are actually young children possibly appearing around the age frame of 8-12 years old. One appears to be an elf girl named Lindsey while the other appears to be a fox boy named Kane. I feel this is enough to make some people think that I'm a crackpot, but actually I'm not as this is difficult to understand. And shamanism came from originally when I seem to have resemblences and connections with the mouse, thus the mouse nick and character that I have. Since I have had the mouse character, I ended up having a mascott costume of the character made with the help of my mom that I tend to wear too much because its too nice and stuff.

And I'm not sure if you could believe this, but I have had one of my friends tell me that I have been born in the wrong universe let alone on the wrong planet saying that I was from the tooniverse (Cartoon Universe). Also, when I write my stories, I also write about Kane, Lindsey, and a slew of other young characters that I've created adventuring and then I'm looking forward to readers reading what I just wrote about. Except then I end up finding no appreciation there for the hard work that I've done. You can see some stories on http://fanfiction.km-website.com if you are interested. Sometimes I also find and feel that I'm being "rejected" from society and I don't know exactly why. At times, I have these thoughts of nostalgia and may explain why I seem to like youngers and stuffed animals, but don't take this the wrong way because I have never did anything real wrong in my life.

Currently, I am just looking for people to talk to and have some more friends, since so far I'm been feeling down since I've had people claim that I use autism as an excuse amoung other things that are mostly lies. And I do have a page for myself at http://www.km-website.com/erikmouse/ which is the mouse form of me. Currently, that page is a bit out of date since it mentions a incident that is now atleast five years old now and I need to get to updating it. Hopefully, I have explained enough about myself and if there are any questions, please let me know as I may follow-up on this soon.

"I'm very kind, and easy to please! I'll be your friend, if you give me some cheese!"

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2005, 4:45 am

Quote:
And shamanism came from originally when I seem to have resemblences and connections with the mouse, thus the mouse nick and character that I have. Since I have had the mouse character, I ended up having a mascott costume of the character made with the help of my mom that I tend to wear too much because its too nice and stuff

Hi ErickMouse!

Have you heard of furries? Because what you describe sounds very similar to a furry.

It is also pretty similiar to weres/therianthropes, which I am. I am a feline therianthrope. If you do not know what I am talking about, I can go into further detail.

I was dissapointed to see that your stuffed animal link does not work on your page. Is there another link you can provide? Are these stuffed animals you've made, or ones you've collected?

I make stuffed animals, for awhile I was doing sort of abstract ones with patterns and textures, but lately I've been getting more into realistic plushies. I don't have too many photos of realistic ones up yet, but you can check out my site if you are interested:

http://students.risd.edu/yr2005/mmartins/web

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2005, 8:38 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet :) I'd like to hear more about your interest in shamanism and spirituality if you feel like posting more.

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2005, 5:25 pm

Welcome to the forums, Erik! Glad to see a (kinda) neighbor representin' - I live in Allentown. I'm a neub myself here and while you might feel a little skittish opening up to us at first, as you get to know us you'll see that there's no reason to be embarrassed about yourself. We embrace each other's differences here - they make our lives richer. Kinda like coffee. So hang out with us and take in our rich blend of flavors. Refills are always free and the pot's always on. Enjoy.

- Your Local Zed

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2005, 5:33 pm

Nicely put ZedSimon! :D

Welcome to WrongPlanet Erik - hope we can make you feel at home here.

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

ErikMouse
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Feb 2005, 4:06 am

Civet wrote:
Hi ErickMouse!

Have you heard of furries? Because what you describe sounds very similar to a furry.

It is also pretty similiar to weres/therianthropes, which I am. I am a feline therianthrope. If you do not know what I am talking about, I can go into further detail.

Yeah, I have heard of furries as I have become a furry years ago. I have found that there are a number of furries that have aspergers who may feel that they were born in the wrong body rather on the wrong planet.

Civet wrote:
I was dissapointed to see that your stuffed animal link does not work on your page. Is there another link you can provide? Are these stuffed animals you've made, or ones you've collected?

Sorry, that stuffed animal link should be going to http://plushieplace.km-website.com/ which would be to a page that links to gallery images of my stuffed animal collection. Most of these stuffed animals are ones that I have collected over the years that are Mice, Bunnies, Tiny Toon, Looney Tunes, Animaniacs, Tom & Jerry, Care Bears (1984, 1992, and 2004 versions), Gummi Bears, Rainbow Brite, amoung others. I have not made a stuffed animal yet, but I have paid someone to make stuffed animals for me. Ones that were made are a 3½ tall mother fox named Suzette Fox and currently four fox kits a bit smaller than her with one of them being a stuffed version of my spiritual guide named Kane Fox. The other three are Katy Fox, Tana Fox, and Taru Fox. I also have had two other stuffed animals made which are a stuffed version of my second spiritual guide name Lindsey the Elf Girl at the same high as the fox kits, and a three foor Mrs. Brisby from the Secret of NIMH (with permission from MGM) that wasn't made by the same person who made the foxes and the elf. This Mrs. Brisby was made specially by someone who later ended up with a bad back before I could even have Mrs. Brisby's four children made. A picture of her can be found on http://www.brisbyhome.com

Civet wrote:
I make stuffed animals, for awhile I was doing sort of abstract ones with patterns and textures, but lately I've been getting more into realistic plushies. I don't have too many photos of realistic ones up yet, but you can check out my site if you are interested:

http://students.risd.edu/yr2005/mmartins/web

Well, since I am currently open to find anyone who could make a stuffed animal at the quality of the Mrs. Brisby that I had made special, I'm not sure if you could make them at the quality. If you believe you could, feel free to let me know.

"I'm very kind, and easy to please! I'll be your friend, if you give me some cheese!"

ErikMouse
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Feb 2005, 4:17 am

Mel wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet :) I'd like to hear more about your interest in shamanism and spirituality if you feel like posting more.

Okay, as far as my shamanism and spirituality goes, I orginally found my way into shamanism when I learn of the shamanism animal totems and that I was closely related to the mouse. I have recently gotten a book called, "The Way of the Shaman", hoping that was something that I was looking for. And in spirituality, I currently have two spiritual guide friends that are Kane Fox (anthromorph fox kid) and Lindsey the Elf Girl (elf girl child) that I have found when they were coming into my dreams. I have someone that I have talked to (currently out of contact) who has been helping me with solving my dreams, providing me with spiritual protection, and looking after my spirit guide friends. She calls herself Yotewah and says that she is the daughter of the Kachina Coyote God (in western indian culture). You can find more of my spiritual information on http://www.kanefox.com (I got to get that updated) and recent conversations with Yotewah in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Kane_Fox_Dreams

Right now, I am just currently without a spiritual advisor and looking for anyway I can communicate with my spirit guide friends as find out more as I may have a third one coming. If you know of anyone that could be of help, please let me know.

ErikMouse
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Feb 2005, 4:23 am

ZedSimon wrote:
Welcome to the forums, Erik! Glad to see a (kinda) neighbor representin' - I live in Allentown. I'm a neub myself here and while you might feel a little skittish opening up to us at first, as you get to know us you'll see that there's no reason to be embarrassed about yourself. We embrace each other's differences here - they make our lives richer. Kinda like coffee. So hang out with us and take in our rich blend of flavors. Refills are always free and the pot's always on. Enjoy.

- Your Local Zed

Sorry, I just felt kinda nervious when I first came on here, but I feel that I would be alright. It may also be because I have dealt with people that ignore me for who I am or cause me problems over my own disabilities. And because of this, I feel like people are thinking that I'm some sort of crazy person looking for prey when that is not even true because I'm really a nice person. Not only that, but at times I feel that because of my mysterious background, that people have been hunting me for years and wanting to destroy stuffed toys that I hold dearly. Hopefully, I can find understanding here regarding this as well.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2005, 8:25 pm

Hi, Erik, welcome.

We are glad to have you here! Why would you feel embarrassed to mention that you work a lot on the computer?

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2005, 1:26 am

My life has suddenly become a lot more boring after reading this thread.

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2005, 7:53 am

Quote:
Yeah, I have heard of furries as I have become a furry years ago. I have found that there are a number of furries that have aspergers who may feel that they were born in the wrong body rather on the wrong planet.

Ah, I feel that way sometimes, too, though I am not a furry, I'm a were/therianthrope. I feel as though I am on another wavelength from other people, rather than on another planet.

Quote:
Sorry, that stuffed animal link should be going to http://plushieplace.km-website.com/ which would be to a page that links to gallery images of my stuffed animal collection.

Hm... that link still does not work.

Quote:
This Mrs. Brisby was made specially by someone who later ended up with a bad back before I could even have Mrs. Brisby's four children made. A picture of her can be found on http://www.brisbyhome.com

That Mrs. Brisby is certaintly admirable work! How long did it take the person to make it for you? Did you commission them, or was it a gift?

Quote:
Well, since I am currently open to find anyone who could make a stuffed animal at the quality of the Mrs. Brisby that I had made special, I'm not sure if you could make them at the quality. If you believe you could, feel free to let me know.

Well, I think I'd have to see better quality pictures of Mrs. Brisby before I could let you know if I could do something like her or not. I have been working on much more detailed and realistic animals for the past several months, though I have not posted images on my website because I may go to companies with them, if I can figure out how to do so.

What type of stuffed animals are you looking to have made?

ErikMouse
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2005, 4:27 am

larsenjw92286 wrote:
Hi, Erik, welcome.

We are glad to have you here! Why would you feel embarrassed to mention that you work a lot on the computer?

I don't know what, just how I was thinking at the time.

ErikMouse
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2005, 4:28 am

TheBladeRoden wrote:
My life has suddenly become a lot more boring after reading this thread.

Why is that?

ErikMouse
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2005, 4:35 am

Civet wrote:
Quote:
Sorry, that stuffed animal link should be going to http://plushieplace.km-website.com/ which would be to a page that links to gallery images of my stuffed animal collection.

Hm... that link still does not work.

That link should have worked, because it takes me to a directory list that I need to put an index.htm on.

Quote:
That Mrs. Brisby is certaintly admirable work! How long did it take the person to make it for you? Did you commission them, or was it a gift?

I believe that it took them atleast a month to make it, and it was a commission rather than a gift for me.

Quote:
Well, I think I'd have to see better quality pictures of Mrs. Brisby before I could let you know if I could do something like her or not. I have been working on much more detailed and realistic animals for the past several months, though I have not posted images on my website because I may go to companies with them, if I can figure out how to do so.

What type of stuffed animals are you looking to have made?

Well, for me to get better quality pictures of Mrs. Brisby, I'll have to take some more pictures of her myself and wait for my mom to get them developed. She is pretty detailed to the character being so large as she is. What stuffed animals I was looking to have made is the four mouseling children to go with her.