Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

barnabear
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Dec 2011, 4:56 pm

Gutsman wrote:
Unlike you, I can't get social services funding, and never have been able to.

The only things that have been funded for me are a workplace assessment, and some workplace training which I haven't received yet. This workplace assessment was easy to get once I had a diagnosis, and the workplace training followed from that.

I'm not sure whether this falls under the heading of "social services". It was all Access to Work via Job Centre Plus.

The headphones were paid for by my employer after Access to Work funding was declined.

Gutsman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Dec 2011, 5:07 pm

Typical lack of empathy. That's why I don't mix with other 'Aspies'. X happened to me, X can happen to anyone I'm the centre of the universe!! :roll:

barnabear
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Dec 2011, 5:34 pm

What's your problem? You seem embittered and hostile.

EnglishLulu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 8:27 pm

It's a real Catch22 situation- not sick enough to be on ESA, but not well enough and/or capable enough of working or jumping through the bureaucratic benefits hoops like 'normal' people . Aspies are screwed every which way.

I think you should make a formal written complaint to the Job Centre, saying that you feel they are not making reasonable adjustments pursuant to the Disability Discrimination Act.

The service can vary fromJobCentre to Job Centre, and also within a job centre some staff can be much more helpful than others. A lot of the job centre staff find the work very stressful and someof their colleagues unhelpful and unsupportive.

We're just collateral damage from the financial crisis.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2012, 6:03 pm

I am having somewhat similar problems worse still I have been sanctioned and right now not receiving any benefits to live on.
so far I have made posts about my situation on http://aspievillage.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=12057
and on http://www.guardian.co.uk/discussion/co ... k/20215399
The current state of the UK benefits system is seriously sick. It seems to me that the system is designed to make life as difficult as possible and really is hopeless at helping find jobs for those who want to work. It treats honest people like criminals and is sooooo wrong.