I'm looking for a soulmate <3

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

b9
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 12:04 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
b9 wrote:
i do not have a soul. i have a consciousness, but that is as far as it goes.
"soul" is a flavor of personality i was told, but my personality is sterile and has no flavor.

i am content to live every day inside my consciousness, and the fact that i do not attract like minded people is "par for the course" in my life. i love tammy but she has no idea what goes on inside my mind, and no one ever will.

all the gooey emotions i see that stick to other people just roll off my back like water sprayed on a duck.

i waddle around in my own pond.

i respect your perspective a great deal.

i appreciate that.

my perspective is purely first person perspective, and unfortunately i can not see things any other way.
all i can see externally is what surrounds me at close range, and even then i can not see the motives behind anything said to me that i did not think myself.

i do know and feel that you have love for people like me who can not return your love in equal kind.
i kind of feel i am short changing you by being the way i am.

i am going to bed now because that is where my isolated mind wishes to be, but your words will make me sleep more comfortably. one day, if i get better, i may repay your concern for me manifold, but for now, just know your words will soften my sleep tonight.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 12:13 pm

b9 wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
b9 wrote:
i do not have a soul. i have a consciousness, but that is as far as it goes.
"soul" is a flavor of personality i was told, but my personality is sterile and has no flavor.

i am content to live every day inside my consciousness, and the fact that i do not attract like minded people is "par for the course" in my life. i love tammy but she has no idea what goes on inside my mind, and no one ever will.

all the gooey emotions i see that stick to other people just roll off my back like water sprayed on a duck.

i waddle around in my own pond.

i respect your perspective a great deal.

i appreciate that.

my perspective is purely first person perspective, and unfortunately i can not see things any other way.
all i can see externally is what surrounds me at close range, and even then i can not see the motives behind anything said to me that i did not think myself.

i do know and feel that you have love for people like me who can not return your love in equal kind.
i kind of feel i am short changing you by being the way i am.

i am going to bed now because that is where my isolated mind wishes to be, but your words will make me sleep more comfortably. one day, if i get better, i may repay your concern for me manifold, but for now, just know your words will soften my sleep tonight.

i am very happy to hear that i can provide some small comfort to you. your words make me feel very happy, but don't worry too much about me. i am happy to tell you that i care, and it's okay that you don't have the same felings because your brain is different from mine. and you have done favours for me that you might not even realise.

i should also say that your absolute honesty is something that all of us could learn from. have a good sleep, b9.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 12:33 pm

To me a "soulmate" (that word is unsuitable, but I can't think of a better one) is someone with whom you feel and inexplicable and durable connection, even if it's more like having gum stuck in your hair sometimes... :wink:

mv
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 12:34 pm

Grisha wrote:
To me a "soulmate" (that word is unsuitable, but I can't think of a better one) is someone with whom you feel and inexplicable and durable connection, even if it's more like having gum stuck in your hair sometimes... :wink:

I like this definition, gum and all!

gadge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 12:44 pm

mv wrote:
Grisha wrote:

I like this definition, gum and all!

X2 ! !

AlienRed
Raven
Raven

23 Dec 2011, 1:39 pm

NaomiDB wrote:
where are they!!

whats your relationship status guys?
are you in a relationship?
are you happy?

I haven't thought about the 'soulmate' idea before, I find that being a only child, some of the girls I know really well are more like a big or little sister to me.

To answer your questions:

Relationship - Single
Am I happy - At the moment yes :)

WhiteWidow
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 7:21 pm

I've tried my hand here, in real life, on plenty of fish, ok cupid, tumblr, facebook. Everywhere and anywhere, and I still have nobody.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 7:27 pm

"Soulmate" is a metaphor at best, and an insidious lie at worst.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 8:33 pm

Fnord: Well said. :)

acentupleflat
Raven
Raven

23 Dec 2011, 9:40 pm

I suppose I believe in soulmates...but more than one...

:idea: Oops, that's a paradox, I guess it's better to say I believe there are people who me and them are compatible to varying degrees....

:?:

8O

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 10:38 pm

"soulmate" is such an odd concept to me. I'd probably run if I found someone that matched such a description.

And by run, I mean away from them. :oops:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Dec 2011, 10:46 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
"soulmate" is such an odd concept to me. I'd probably run if I found someone that matched such a description.

Is it bad that I'd want to get married the moment I felt that way about someone

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 10:49 pm

nick007 wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

We're all different. TBH, I'd be waiting for the s**t to hit the fan. Perfection = fake, if you as me.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Dec 2011, 10:55 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
nick007 wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

We're all different. TBH, I'd be waiting for the sh** to hit the fan. Perfection = fake, if you as me.

Very true. I don't think of a soul-mate as being perfect but I think of her as being the perfect person for me even thou she has non perfect qualities; not sure if this makes sense :?

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 10:57 pm

nick007 wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
nick007 wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

We're all different. TBH, I'd be waiting for the sh** to hit the fan. Perfection = fake, if you as me.

Very true. I don't think of a soul-mate as being perfect but I think of her as being the perfect person for me even thou she has non perfect qualities; not sure if this makes sense :?

That's what I meant by perfect, actually. I may have trust issues, though. Every time I've met someone that seemed perfect for me, I thought "They can't be telling the truth. What are they hiding?"

:shrug:

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 10:58 pm

Perfection is just another word describing a fantastic conceived concept. Just like dragons, Spiderman and God.