Any women with no relationship experience?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PersonNoOne
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Dec 2011, 9:58 am

I am 20 years old and I haven't had so much as a hug from the opposite sex. I am below average in every aspect of my life, but particularly intelligence and looks. I have never been approached, nor would I ever expect that to happen. I have never approached a guy either, because I do not have the confidence in myself. The other reason is that I don't know any guys, and I don't like the idea of going up to a stranger. I would prefer to meet someone through friends. However, I no longer have any, and even when I did, the males would always pay attention to my more social, pretty and clever friends.

I am starting to get extremely frustrated over it. I am embarrassed by how little experience I have. I worry that I'll never get to have that experience, of being wanted. I don't even know how to flirt. What suffers the most from this is my self-esteem. The longer I go without dating, the harder I take it.

Another thing I worry about, alongside never getting into a relationship, is getting into one and having to admit how inexperienced I am. Not because he might leave me (because that would make him a jerk, and not worth my time, anyway) but because it would make me feel so young and naiive.

This seems to be more common among men. I understand this as it must be hard to be expected to approach women. However, I would love to hear some input from women going through this. I would be able to relate to a woman much more.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 10:00 am

Find a dance music scene with friendly people, take E, hug people, feel new things. That's how I started. When you legitimately love over 20 people it's much easier to find an extra special one. You need to feel the things before you get into relationships where you should be feeling the things, or you won't know what you're looking for. Parties, friends, music, E. Boyfriends/girlfriends later, when it just happens. I recommend this progression very strongly to all autistics.

PersonNoOne
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Dec 2011, 10:07 am

Thank you for the advice. I have considered going to concerts alone, and trying to talk to people there. For friendship, though.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 11:00 am

i have hardly any and i'm twentythreee. dont mean to worry you

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 7:14 pm

Is there a toastmasters in your area? Take dancing lessons or other group involvement. Independent film festivals are good (that's how I get out most times). Volunteer somewhere. I go to concerts alone too but I want to listen not mingle. Don't get down on your looks cause it takes more than looks to keep someone interested. Work on your social skills.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 7:22 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
i have hardly any and i'm twentythreee. dont mean to worry you

Same age as me. I don't think we'd get on. That's alright, though. It's nice not to have to like everyone - so I don't. :)

Haven't you got a husband who gave you a Muslim baby though? Or does he not actually exist but is mainly a figment of my deranged imagination? ;)

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 7:25 pm

oh charmin, am i that unfriendliable

if you want to imagine me having muslim babies that is your therapy bill not mine

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 7:28 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
oh charmin, am i that unfriendliable

No, not particularly, but I think our personalities would heavily clash. I think I'd hate you and you wouldn't like me much either.

Quote:
if you want to imagine me having muslim babies that is your therapy bill not mine

Fair enough and it's a reasonable point. :)

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 7:30 pm

oh, that's not very nice

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 7:38 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
oh, that's not very nice

I think it's actually a good thing in many ways. The less time we spend with people we don't like is good for us because we can then find people we do like.

I don't mean I like you in a menacing, hateful way. It's just a fact of life, love. :)

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 7:44 pm

ok thanks
anyway...why is you not liking me relevant to the op or to me being 23?

DetestableInsect
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Dec 2011, 9:11 pm

I'm male, 27 years old, and have never been on any sort of date or in a relationship. Personally, if I ever were in a relationship, I would want my partner to be as inexperienced as I am.

So from my perspective you're unspoiled, and more attractive because of your inexperience.

rainbowbutterfly
Toucan
Toucan

25 Dec 2011, 4:28 am

There's a fair number of people your age that are inexperienced. I hear that some guys are attracted to women with experience, and some are attracted to women without experience because they want to be the ones that show them the way.

I'm also inexperienced, and a little older than you. I also go through the same worries and frustrations. It seems like whenever I go to social events to meet guys, the women that are more extraverted and wear more make up get them 1st. However, I've decided that I'm just going to keep on trying and not let all of my happiness depend on the 1 factor of whether or not I ever get into a relationship.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 1:01 pm

I don't want to make light of your situation, but you're soooo young. Try being inexperienced in your 30s. Man I feel old!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 1:16 pm

DetestableInsect wrote:
Personally, if I ever were in a relationship, I would want my partner to be as inexperienced as I am.

That's a very hard requirement, most girls of your age would be experienced.

kra17
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 8:19 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
oh, that's not very nice

lol, merry christmas