Writing a Paper about us Aspi's - Need your imput

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

mattman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Oct 2006, 10:59 pm

Dear Aspi’s united: I am writing a paper which is due officially by November the 5th and I have selected Asperger’s Syndrome as my topic.

I want to know why you think Asperger’s is a significant current topic for you and how it has affected you and you friends and loved ones. I want to know anything negative you have experienced from others (NT’s) by having Asperger’s which is or was quite frequent in your life (lack of friends, bad at communication, hardships with school and studies, being made fun of, creeping people out, etc). In addition to your much appreciated comments, I need to know first names, occupations/studies, and what general area you guys are from i.e. New York City or South Western Kentucky etc. This will give my argumentive paper more strength – I’m more concerned with representing our life and stories to people who don’t know than I am for the grade. Thank You.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2006, 11:25 am

Dear mattman, Aspergers ISN'T a topic for me. It's a struggle, day to day, similar to alcoholism. I think differently, act differently, and feel my emotions differently than other people. (I call them Newts.) I have problems with communicating, even with my wife who loves me. I feel like I have to put on a mask to talk to people. They're all atwitter over the dumbest things, like the next episode of some idiot television show. They don't know when the news shows are lying to them, or the official explanation of some incident is a blatant cover-up. Some people think I'm bitter, others think I'm a bit looney, and others just think I'm a creep. If some drug company came out with a pill that would make my Aspic traits go away, I'd pass. Some poet wrote about being the only sane person in an asylum, and many days that's the way I feel.

Aged 49, an artist.