Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 4:05 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akathisia

A couple months ago I went to the hospital for a severe headache, and they gave me an anti-psychotic (Compazine, they said it worked well with headaches) and I had a very strange reaction to it. I felt this internal sense of panic that I don't really know how to describe. I have panic attacks, and this didn't feel the same. It was this sense of panic and extreme anxiety that I couldn't stop...I tried taking a benzo (Klonopin) which didn't help, I tried watching some of my favorite TV shows (which almost always makes me feel better), and hanging out with a few close friends. I ended up just sleeping on and off for 14 hours or more. I couldn't escape the anxiety except when I was asleep. I talked to a doctor today, and she said I was experiencing Akathisia. From what I've read it sounds more like restlessness and a need to move constantly, which I didn't experience. Has anyone experienced Akathisia or what I just described above?