Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

GamerNerd07901
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Dec 2011, 2:57 pm

Ever since about 4 grade, my school has provided me with an agenda/organizer/planner/whatever to put homework and stuff in. In elementary school I didn't use it at first, because I could keep track of it all in my head. But then that started to slip, so I did use my agenda, because back then my subjects were just divider sections in a single binder which I would put my agenda in the front for easy access.

Now I have even more work and I slip up more and more, but I don't use my agenda (even though I see the benefits of it) reasons for that:
A: Its to small for me to write everything down in
B: I'm not sure how to keep track of long term assignments, specifcally tests. projects can be broke down into "do this by date MM/DD/YY" but tests all you can do is write "test coming up" and/or "test today"
C: where to put it If its big enough to write everything in
D: remembering to check it at home.

What is learning? Its paying attention. its opening yourself up to this great big ball of****that we call life! And whats the worst that could happen? You get bit in the ass! Well let me tell you, My ass looks like hamburger meat,But I can still sit down!

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2011, 5:22 pm

I always hated those things. I felt they were completely useless, as I usually remembered most things anyway.

But they do not have me

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2011, 9:22 pm

If you can devise your own organization system to work things out. I just use a check list on my wall and on my desktop stickies, with the added distinction of the weighting of the test or project which helps me prioritize.

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

GamerNerd07901
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jan 2012, 1:16 am

Apera wrote:
I always hated those things. I felt they were completely useless, as I usually remembered most things anyway.

Thats how I roll too. But as I said, more and more assignments are starting to slip through the cracks, and my grades are going with them.

What is learning? Its paying attention. its opening yourself up to this great big ball of****that we call life! And whats the worst that could happen? You get bit in the ass! Well let me tell you, My ass looks like hamburger meat,But I can still sit down!

mattw
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jan 2012, 2:13 pm

I've started to use Microsoft Outlook Calendar which automatically syncs with my desktop, laptop and iPhone so I've always got access to what I need to do etc. It is really useful.

anxiouspoet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2012, 7:03 am

I remember my high school used to make your agenda mandatory.
Like they would periodically check if you had it on you or else you'd get in trubble wit da LAW!
The sight of that silly thing used to make me so damn mad. I never used it. I make todo lists now that I'm about to graduate with my B.S., but it's really just a byproduct of my poor memory from protracted depression.