Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 8:42 pm

kxmode wrote:
This not only invalidates Wikipedia's claim to be fair and unbiased but it also creates a bit of hypocrisy. When I read Wikipedia articles for other faiths their holy books are cited in ample supply, but not Jehovah's Witnesses. I can cast my objections to Wikipedia's double-standard policy by simply withholding my annual donations.

Why don't you write a Wiki article on JW? It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

ruveyn

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 8:46 pm

I find wikipedia to be reliable on historical, political and religious subjects as well as technical, scientific, mathy and philosophical subjects. In addition, everything pop-culture related like tv, comics, and videogames is quite detailed (although tvtropes is better for them).

There may be other subjects but I don't seem to care about them.

kxmode wrote:
Yes, but when it comes to Jehovah's Witnesses in particular, Wikipedia's policy seems to be a double standard. When posting major doctrines and tenets of Jehovah's Witnesses their policy does not allow even citing bible references as the source for our beliefs. They paint the picture that the tenets and doctrine come from men and not from God's word.

This not only invalidates Wikipedia's claim to be fair and unbiased but it also creates a bit of hypocrisy. When I read Wikipedia articles for other faiths their holy books are cited in ample supply, but not Jehovah's Witnesses. I can cast my objections to Wikipedia's double-standard policy by simply withholding my annual donations.

You seem to assume that The Bible is a reputable source.