Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 10:31 pm

In my dorm there was a guy who said he knew hypnosis. After a few tries he finally hypnotized 2 people. (squirtle vs. pikachu battle)
On the third successful attempt me and 6 other people were hypnotized. One person was told he was drunk and ended up flipping over a chair a few feet in front of him. Someone else sang I just had sex and so on. Now I know some people don't believe in hypnotism, most people on our floor didn't until we started doing hypnosis.

Anyway, Almost everything he tried to have me do or see didn't work. I told him why logically it wasn't possible. Out of about 12 people that got hypnotized I was the only one that was fully aware and almost none of the suggestions worked. Now that I know I have asperger's it makes a bit more sense for why my experience of hypnosis was so unique from the other people.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, thought this fit best out of the other discussion boards.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 10:44 pm

i have seen hypnosis used for pain control and have been hypnotized for weight loss. some folks are easier to hypnotize than others. i was easier when i was younger. you can hypnotize yourself to have a good study session, for example. a person won't do anything under hypnosis that's out of their normal character. hypnosis is a great way of relaxing, kind of like meditation. the best definition of hypnosis i ever heard was that of "effective communication".

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

04 Jan 2012, 5:08 am

I have been hypnotized, twice. First time didn't really do anything. Second time was fun, for various reasons.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 Jan 2012, 9:35 am

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Random Discussion]

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 12:59 pm

I have been hypnotized many times for anxiety. It works well. I'm not as good at hypnotizing myself but I can do it somewhat.

What kind of induction did the guy in your dorm use?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 4:28 pm

I've never been hypnotized.
I voluntarily tried it once with a professional, but it didn't work on me.
I think some people just can't be hypnotized.

Diagnosed in 2005

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 5:53 pm

He hypnotized us approx 8-16 times (changed who decided tp participate sometimes, and was always late at night so no exact number)

He had a long induction script that he used, slightly modified off of some sight. Escalator to a bed, or stairs to a garden, there was one having to do with a rainbow.

One thing (or 2 i guess) that is said over and over but is only 95% true: You would not do something that you feel is immoral or that you would not normally do and that you are always in control. If the hypnotist told you that you had a three year old son (and you believed it and everything) and the person over there took him. You would get aggressive might even hit them. you wouldn't normally do that but the hypnotist made it morally acceptable. One person when he got hypnotized looked zombiefied he would do ANYTHING that he was told to do (we didn't have him do anything bad or that would be mean). Someone jokingly said that he was a girl and he almost took off his pants to prove he wasn't. If he was told to sleep while standing he would collapse, if no one caught him he would have hit his head really hard on the ground.

Me and him got hypnotized enough times that we jokingly tried to hypnotize ourselves one night... and it worked. Just stared at our middle finger and get sleeper the closer it gets to your forehead until your finger touches your forehead and you fall asleep