Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jan 2012, 12:29 am

Hard to live as a aspie
Hard to live as a MtF transsexual

MUCH harder to live as a MtF transsexual with aspergers, espessially if you cannot even tell people who have aspergers because they'll think you're just being delusional and trying to find a excuse to be awkward, or trying to find a way to skimp out of doing things.

I would like to see if there are any other transsexual aspies out there so I don't feel like I am the only keplian on earth who is transsexual...

Even though I would rather think of my self as a female and not a transsexual... but I don't fit in there either... darn social awkwardness...

AQ: 36

QuelOround
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2012, 1:07 am

I was born female but I identify as male and I have Asperger's. I really wish I was born a male. But I am to scared to actually go through the transition.

kittylover
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jan 2012, 4:51 am

I'm also an MTF Aspie. People try to use the whole "Asperger's is an overly male brain" with me sometimes. It's kind of annoying.

From my social awkwardness, I sometimes feel like I don't know how to be a woman. It's really confusing.

*hugs*

gnatterfly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2012, 10:03 am

I am 24 and have finally stopped trying to force myself to be my born gender. I was born female but completely identify as male! I am speaking with a therapist about continuing transition. I don't think I ever want to go on T, because of my aspergers, however I would love to have the surgery. This decision is not one I take lightly and I have been going back and forth about it for as long as I can remember. It's a great feeling just to go about my day as a male. I honestly don't know how far I will take it, but I do have a loving supportive family and an incredible male partner, who love me no matter what I decide. 8)

It is difficult, having both gender-issues and being on the AS, but as long as I am true to myself, others seem to have no problem respecting me and my lifestyle. When you are finally comfortable being yourself, people around you become more comfortable in your presence.

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 3:40 pm

I'm trans, FTM. I started testosterone last April and pretty much always pass as a guy now, albeit a short, slightly feminine one. I don't hide being trans from anyone, but I don't go telling everyone either. Deciding how 'out' to be is a balance.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 5:48 pm

Trans, nominally (a long time ago in a city far, far away) MTF.

Apropos of nothing much (but where better to ask?) anyone know if IPL hair removal zappers are any (permanent) good? I see very mixed reviews.

The year is still young.

QuelOround
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jan 2012, 12:52 am

I also want top surgery. I hate these breasts I was born with.

cthulhureqiuem
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2012, 5:02 am

mtf trans self identified at age 4
autism diagnosis late 20's

KittyCommand0r
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jan 2012, 7:56 pm

MTF TS here. I find being trans makes it easier to be awkward. Like someone said about not knowing how to be a woman, I find that I also don't know how to be a man and end up in the middle. My observation and mimicking skills have actually helped in my transition in my opinion.

Regal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2012, 2:06 am

FtM, haven't started hormones or anything but I'm in the process of getting my name/gender legally changed. I pass the majority of the time nowadays, so I'm not in as much of a rush to start hormones, but I wish I could just go chop my breasts off right now...

KittyCommand0r

27 Jan 2012, 2:50 am

Regal wrote:
FtM, haven't started hormones or anything but I'm in the process of getting my name/gender legally changed. I pass the majority of the time nowadays, so I'm not in as much of a rush to start hormones, but I wish I could just go chop my breasts off right now...

I wish trans people could donate parts to eachother :lol:

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2012, 5:47 pm

KittyCommand0r wrote:
Regal wrote:

I wish trans people could donate parts to eachother :lol:

...I was thinking the same thing a few days ago!! ! 8O

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

Hexagon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2012, 8:05 pm

I'm FTM and have aspies. Its not so uncommon, actually. Well, among transsexuals, anyway.

just-lou
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2012, 4:28 am

Yup. If I fit into any of those boxes it's generally genderqueer, and in the middle of medical transition. I keep a don't ask, don't tell kind of policy.

CptnSoloX
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Feb 2012, 12:19 am

FTM with NLD here. I'm as medically transitioned as I want to be, and am read as male 100% of the time. It's good, but not being visibly queer anymore is also strange at the same time.

khaos
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2012, 9:56 pm

I am an Aspie and also am a bio-fem. But am FtM. It is hard to walk the line. Either way you feel crazy. I have not transitioned yet as I am scared to death to come out to anyone. I have to a couple of people. My "comfort" people and that's it. I really wish I was born male as that is how I think. I will say/do something and I think to myself "WOW, that was something a man would say"