Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

tallahatchie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jan 2012, 11:36 pm

My doctor says I suffer from psychotic episodes.
Can someone help explain to me what these are and how they might be manifesting in me. Because I think its just aspergers syndrome and hes making it up.
I have to take 2mg antipsychotic risperidone. is that a high dose

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

05 Jan 2012, 11:43 pm

Psychotic episodes are delusions where you believe things like you have psychic powers, or your neighbors are using psychic powers on you, or the government is watching you, or has your home bugged. They can also be things like god is talking to you and giving you instructions, or has chosen you for a special task.

Psychosis is also hallucinations - seeing and hearing things that aren't there. The thing about them is that you don't know they're not there.

If your doctor says you are experiencing psychosis, you should ask him to explain what he means. Admittedly, many people who are experiencing psychosis react with hostility to the possibility that what they're experiencing isn't real, and he may be taking that into account - or if you have experienced psychotic episodes, you may have reacted that way already.

No one here can tell you whether you are experiencing them or not, it's something you seriously need to discuss with your doctor.