Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 11:19 am

Here's one of mine... Dissection Disaster.

I was in grade 12 and took a biology class. One day we were doing a fetal pig dissection. My lab partner was absent, so it looked like I was doing it totally alone because I was a loner... even though some people occasionally did stuff alone because they wanted to, the stuff they did was never a pig dissection and yes I was a new student from a different province, but still...

First, someone took the pig that was mine from last class. I said it was mine but they insisted it was theirs. I told the teacher that I couldn't find mine-- a few people were saying that, but I said that they had it, so it seemed like I was trying to get them in trouble.

I forgot to measure the intestines, anyway. Or rather, it was impossible to find a ruler. No one seemed to have one. So I didn't measure the intestines. I just put estimates. However, I was stupid and didn't realize they were in plain sight, still balled up inside the pig. Anyway, I suppose they could have been ravelled back up after I measured them. Well, after we were all done some people were dissecting the brain just for fun; we hadn't had to do that. I thought, it's not every day you can dissect a fetal pig's brain, so I tried to, but I didn't think I had time and wanted to see the brain or SOMETHING, so I decided to do what another girl had done and take out the eyeball. She had taken it completely out and showed it to the teacher who said it was really cool, and others gathered around to admire her work. I'm like "Oh, it's an eyeball," and some guy is like "If you've neve seen an eyeball before," something something. So I try to get it out and at first they're interested, they think I'm cool, they're like "Oh, are you trying to get the eye?" I decided I didn't have time, the atmosphere was "Hurry up before the bell rings", so I decided to do more minor experiments, like poking it in the eye to see if anything would ooze out, etc. Well, they found that totally wrong and now they were picking on me. I also decided something different, to discreetly dissect the brain, which had the consistency of oatmeal. Because I was in such a hurry I made a terrible mess of that dead pig fetus's remains! The teacher then said "Alright, Ana, I think it's time for you to finish up," lol.

Anyway we're back in our seats later in the classroom section of the lab, and the teacher asked who left pig guts over near where I'd been working. It was in a drain near but not at where I'd been working. She finally figured out it was me in her head and she said "Ana, come clean the pig guts up, you left them here." So I'm having trouble getting the pig guts out of the drain because I'm so nervous, and she says that the drain cover comes up, but I was so nervous I couldn't get it up so I just picked up the guts in my hand and with a paper towel. When I got back, I had washed my hands under the water, but there was no soap and the bell was about to ring so I had just decided to wait to go to the bathroom, in case the teacher wanted to give us something or tell us something. Well, the guys who I'd had the problem with before are behind me, and they start asking each other loudly if they washed their hands, and say, "Yeah, sure, I washed my hands. It would be really nasty if I hadn't washed my hands." And, "Yeah, I washed my hands in the bathroom. Not just under the faucet in here." I pretend to be too engrossed in my work to care, but then they decide to use my name. "Hey Ana, did you wash your hands? I washed mine." Then falsely turning to his friend and going, "Did you?"

Anyway, to make matters worse, the next class my lab partner is back and she asks for the intestine measurements, and she might have seen my papers where I filled that stuff out (I had had them in front of me but then put them away." So she came over and asked if I had them and I pretended to search for them and she says "Don't go searching for them, eh?" and I feel so bad. She had asked me once in the hallway outside another class besides that; I feel really bad still lol.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 3:18 pm

For me, it would be when I was 14, and my family and I went to Corpus Christi (a resort town on the Texas coast). I forgot to pack a bathing suit, so I used a pair of shorts to swim in. When I got out of the water, and my shorts were all wet--my cousin noticed that she could see certain parts of my body.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 3:30 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
For me, it would be when I was 14, and my family and I went to Corpus Christi (a resort town on the Texas coast). I forgot to pack a bathing suit, so I used a pair of shorts to swim in. When I got out of the water, and my shorts were all wet--my cousin noticed that she could see certain parts of my body.

Tim

I went to Corpus Christi once. I went there with my uncle to go deep sea fishing in 2005, but that just happened to be right when the hurricane Emily was in the Gulf of Mexico, so we had to leave the next day. But at least I got to eat at two really good restaurants. Also for the embarrassing moments, I once mistook 20 billion for 20 trillion. That was very, very embarrassing to me.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 3:32 pm

My embarrassing trip was back in 1994. I had to leave Gulf Shores, Alabama in 2005 one day early because of Hurricane Dennis--but I got to do everything I wanted to do.

Tim

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 3:35 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
My embarrassing trip was back in 1994. I had to leave Gulf Shores, Alabama in 2005 one day early because of Hurricane Dennis--but I got to do everything I wanted to do.

Tim

So you're about 26 years old.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 3:40 pm

I will be 27 in December.

Tim

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 4:09 pm

Not THE most embarrassing moment that happened to me but still pretty bad. (Believe me, you don't want to know my MOST embarrassing moment!)

It was during high school years ago. I was wearing a pair of sweats to gym class. We were playing basketball and I went to jump up and dunk the ball in the hoop. While in mid air, someone pulled my sweats down to my ankles before I even hit the ground. I landed and quickly pulled my sweats up. Thankfully I was wearing underwear. It wasn't a pretty sight. But it could have been uglier!

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

22 Oct 2006, 9:03 pm

The time I spilled my Coke on the control panel at the nuclear power plant and we came
within 3 seconds on a nuclear meltdown. The time it took to reboot the back up computer. Hey but the part where they paid me to keep it secret from the NRC was not
that bad. But then again they told me I could have my lifespan adjusted if I did not
keep my mouth shut. To bad about my coworker who did not take the bribe he died
in a freak lawnmower "accident" the next day.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 9:39 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
The time I spilled my Coke on the control panel at the nuclear power plant and we came
within 3 seconds on a nuclear meltdown. The time it took to reboot the back up computer. Hey but the part where they paid me to keep it secret from the NRC was not
that bad. But then again they told me I could have my lifespan adjusted if I did not
keep my mouth shut. To bad about my coworker who did not take the bribe he died
in a freak lawnmower "accident" the next day.

But now that you've said all this, aren't they going to come after you? But you're a Garlicist. There will be divine intervention if they do.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2006, 9:14 pm

I had a plan in place to assassinate a current US President. I bought the one-way ticket to Washington, booked myself on the White House tour, and wouldn't you know it, I forgot the freaking gun. I should have suspected it when I passed the metal detector, but I'm a moron that way.

When I saw him, I jumped out of the line, put my hands togther with my index fingers and thumbs extended, and I said, "On behalf of all those who have suffered at your hands, bang, bang, you're dead. Fifty bullets in your head."

The Secret Service agents politely asked me to return to my tour group. As I was walking away I could hear them snickering. :oops: :oops: :oops:

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2006, 9:16 pm

werbert wrote:
I had a plan in place to assassinate a current US President. I bought the one-way ticket to Washington, booked myself on the White House tour, and wouldn't you know it, I forgot the freaking gun. I should have suspected it when I passed the metal detector, but I'm a moron that way.

When I saw him, I jumped out of the line, put my hands togther with my index fingers and thumbs extended, and I said, "On behalf of all those who have suffered at your hands, bang, bang, you're dead. Fifty bullets in your head."

The Secret Service agents politely asked me to return to my tour group. As I was walking away I could hear them snickering. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Werbert's back!

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2006, 9:17 pm

No, I'm not! That's my evil twin!

(No, not the one I'm in love with. That one is my other half.)

Speaking of which, my evil twin's done some pretty rotten things. This one time, he went to school in my place and told all my teachers to piss off. He then streaked through the hallway and peed on my Principal's desk. Boy, did I have some 'splainin' to do.

Last edited by werbert on 23 Oct 2006, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deccajay
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2006, 9:18 pm

tuther day I triped over a pole and fal flat on my face infront of some guy walking his dog.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2006, 9:21 pm

Deccajay wrote:
tuther day I triped over a pole and fal flat on my face infront of some guy walking his dog.

I know, I was there.

I wasn't the guy, I was the dog.

Deccajay
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2006, 9:23 pm

werbert wrote:
Deccajay wrote:

I know, I was there.

I wasn't the guy, I was the dog.

I dont belive you

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2006, 9:26 pm

Deccajay wrote:
I dont belive you

Well, you should. I saw the pole split your head in two and your brains splatter all over the sidewalk. My owner ran off in disgust, but I licked up your brains.

I was pretty embarassed when that cute poodle saw me doing that. :oops: