Are there people you know you bring out your inner "NT&

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 6:25 am

You know, the sort of people who sort of have an aura of outgoingness about them, they make you act quite talkative and chatty, you become more fun when you're around them - as opposed to your usual quiet "I speak when I must" self?

I'm like this with my brother Eddie, I'm usually reserved around my family - not "quiet" as such, just not talking a lot, and when I do talk it's in an unusual and often theatrical style. But when I'm with my brother I am outgoing in a really traditional way, and a lot of fun..I actually don't like being like this looking back, it just doesn't feel right. I'm not faking it when I'm in the moment, but I'm usually a bit embaressed by how unlike myself I was acting, I like being consistent.

Last edited by Phonic on 09 Jan 2012, 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 6:27 am

Used to be my grandmother.

Now, it's my wife.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 6:46 am

My mum, because I'm scared to talk to her about my special interests, so I manage small talk until I fizzle out.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 6:59 am

No.
I don't have an inner NT.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 7:11 am

My mom, because she's the person who I'm most comfortable to be around.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 7:16 am

IdahoRose wrote:
My mom, because she's the person who I'm most comfortable to be around.

The same.

I'm not "NT" though, as I still lack eye contact and all of that other jazz, plus I lecture away. In reality, she brings out the inner prototypical AS that most people won't see. I'm more passive than active.

O, and I don't have an inner "NT", the zombies ate it.

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 7:26 am

Perhaps you took an arrow to the inner NT.

Anywho, I speculate that what the OP means is "person who you feel no social awkwardness around and/or can be yourself with."

DNMA
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jan 2012, 7:35 am

I open up with my mom, my sisters and two of my six brothers. I become a little hyper, goofy, and am more prone to showing affectionate behavior. And to be honest, I like this side of me. I'm not as high-strung and I also do not get offended as easily when I'm with them. That isn't to say that I'm extremely more talkative, since I'm still usually the listener and usually let them lead the conversation.

Another thing to note is that I am more daring at making jokes, telling stories, and comebacks, and although my little brother still beats me severely in that department, I still do it if not to "talk." Although I still say "Nevermind" when I can't explain/retell something verbal coherently, which happens a lot. My mind goes into a jumbled mess when I'm verbally talking about something that requires more than one or two sentences to explain. And even then, I'll most likely accidentally mix up my words.

Rax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jan 2012, 8:14 am

The people I call friends, close friends I act NT around, but best friends get Aspie me with extreme energy and perkiness, every one else gets quiet Aspie.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 8:48 am

Sagroth wrote:
Perhaps you took an arrow to the inner NT.

Anywho, I speculate that what the OP means is "person who you feel no social awkwardness around and/or can be yourself with."

Yup, hence the quotation marks, it's just a metaphor, something I shouldn't have used.

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 9:30 am

Some non-threatening people I have know in school, mostly girls, had this effect on me, but it was highly situational.

But they do not have me

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 10:27 am

The question is what inner NT? I do talk more around people I know but I would not say that means I am acting like an NT, just means I talk more around people I am comfortable with I think there are probably even normal people like that.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 9:37 pm

No, but I kind of feel like they're out there, and I really want to meet them.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 7:04 pm

At the risk of racial stereotyping southern Europeans come close, close but no cigar. I have a Italian "friend" that comes pretty close , he even likes oddly enough (devote Catholic) likes Belusconi typical Italian male stereotypehe he says ,really ? I thought that stereotype was a 40 year old male still living at Mommies house not doing any housework why they sun themselves on the beach in summer and skis in the winter (doesn't sound like a bad life to me. :wink: )

I think his hyper rational brain is what i like most :D his wife is a female stereotype doesn't like this doen't like that likes that branded good etc etc his constantly annoyed by his wife's unusual preferences eg I was at the fruit shop and bought 2 kg of tomatoes for $1 :P , he said theirs no way his wife would accept that , what does it matter I'll be oven roasting them anyways so I can turn them in to semi sundried tomatoes :D (my mom was the same I'm not eating that she says though she did and thought they where delishes :roll: :roll: :roll:

Do you really believe those semi sundried tomatoes at $18.99 a kg where of restaurant quality fresh tomatoes?

My Moms just as bad eg I'll buy the homebrand washing detergent for $1 but my mom insists I buy the branded ones at $6 and I keep asking her if it was 6 times better or made from the tears of baby Jesus thats fine, but I said even if your paying I feel stupid purchasing it you buy it I said so she does 6 bottles of it !

I've never met a male like this have you ?

It's these dishwashing detergent related matters that puts me off from ever wanting a GF ? I don't think their would be many around here who would purchase the $6 detergent would they ? :wink: