Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 10:16 pm

1. Star Wars Prequel Trilogy. Acting? Horrible. Especially Hayden Christinson. Story? Horrible. Lucas has proven himself to be nothing more than a hack.

2. The Phantom of the Opera (2004). Gerard Butler is a TERRIBLE phantom!! ! He cannot for the life of him sing decently. Also, the makeup for his "disfigurement" was pitiful. Also, I hate that Schumacher changed around songs to make the chandelier crash after "point of no return"

3. Batman & Robin. This film almost destroyed Batman. The acting is horrible. Chris O'Donnell is just a whiny little b***h. George Clooney is just George Clooney. I don't think I have to say anything more. The funny thing is, I don't feel as much bitterness towards this as much as the other films because, besides jamesy, i have yet to meet an actual fan of this movie

What films do you guys hate???

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 10:22 pm

Napoleon Dynamite - I watched it several times, and each time I ended up not caring for it. I don't get its appeal. I didn't find it particularly funny, and it was just boring to me.

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jan 2012, 11:14 pm

Really? I love that movie, despite being called napoleon dynamite as a little kid by my older cousins lol. I'm not a big fan of Star Wars or Star Trek, every horror movie except for the original Halloween (because all the other horror movies suck), I didn't think the Scary Movie series was as funny as I anticipated it to be, and I HATE SEQUELS!! !... they're just not classic like the first movies

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 12:19 am

Tropic thunder --- i havent saw it but ive heard its really insulting to those with disabilities

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 1:01 am

Forrest Gump - Although it's allegedly supposed to be an "uplifting" story, I find the subplot with Forrest's childhood friend/love interest Jenny to be way too tragic.

The Libertine - I've tried to like it since Johnny Depp is in it, but I can't. It's one of the most boring movies I've ever seen.

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 1:06 am

Red Riding Hood was terrible. The only good thing that came out of it was discovering Fever Ray.

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 1:48 am

All installments of Transformers :eew:

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 2:01 am

Borat and Bruno are at the top of this list. Apparently hollywood has forgotten how to laugh at normal things, and now go to extraordinary lengths to tickle their funny bones.

What ever happened to It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World? Or the original Blues Brothers? Even Blazing Saddles?

But they do not have me

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 3:24 am

Ravenclawgurl wrote:
Tropic thunder --- i havent saw it but ive heard its really insulting to those with disabilities

It's not. Some rather stupid people thought the movie was insulting toward mentally ret*d people, but they were misinterpreting it. There's a scene in which the characters, who are actors, talk about how far you should go when portraying ret*d people in a movie. The whole thing is a satire of the way that actors often play ret*d people to pander to audiences and win awards. In other words, Tropic Thunder is criticizing people who exploit mental retardation.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 6:43 am

All Harry Potter films- I am a former disgruntled fan of Harry Potter. Need I say more?

The Graduate- Although considered a comedy as well as a drama, I didn't find it funny at all. Benjamin Braddock should never have gotten involved with Mrs. Robinson.

West Side Story- Depressing and tragic. The music isn't enough to redeem it for me. Tony is murdered. Unhappy ending.

Chinatown- Noah Cross, the villain wins. Again, unhappy ending.

The Mask of Zorro- Zorro is imprisoned and exiled for twenty years, his wife is killed, and his daughter is kidnapped and raised by the villain as his own. Although she finds out, I hated the direction this movie went.

IdahoRose wrote:
Forrest Gump - Although it's allegedly supposed to be an "uplifting" story, I find the subplot with Forrest's childhood friend/love interest Jenny to be way too tragic.

I have to agree with you on Jenny, Alex. She kept disappearing and reappearing in his life, then rejects his marriage proposal and waits 3 years to tell him that they have a child together. By that time, she is sick and dying which doesn't leave them a lot of time to be a family together. That ruined the movie for me.

TheFerretHadToGo
Raven
Raven

12 Jan 2012, 9:21 am

Inglorious basterds. A bunch of american jews have great fun killing and torturing nazis because the nazis enjoy killing and torturing jews. Sooo... the jewish characters in this movie are the same as the nazis, is that the moral of the story?
Apart from that the story was weak, the characters flat, the dialogue stiff and the acting over the top. Add to that some brutal violence and what do you get? A stupid b-movie, but made with a big budget. That seems to be Tarantinos trademark.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 10:25 am

Shakespeare In Love, She's All That, American Psycho 2, Prozac Nation. Also, the Rocky Horror Picture Show fandom baffles me, but I like seeing people enjoy themselves no matter the cause of it.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 10:37 am

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 10:39 am

Any movie that features John Travolta in a lead role.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 11:10 am

Batman and Robin - 5 words: Thank GOD for Christopher Nolan.

Spiderman 3 - The dancing, my god. Make it stop...... :x

Love Actually - Basically a movie about a bunch of reactionary stereotypes confirming the myth that everyone in Britain is a lovable, middle-class eccentric. And i HATE IT. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Bridesmaids - Overrated, crass and unfunny rip off of the Hangover.

Alien vs. Predator: Requiem - An insult to two of sci-fi's most revered beasties, half the cast look bored and uninterested. Stick with Alien/Aliens and Predator 1 rather than this crock of s**t.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 1:43 pm

Any of the Twilight or Transformers films. When these awful films are making $300 million a pop while great films like Hugo, Dragon Tattoo, and X-Men are being thrown under the bus and having trouble breaking even, that's just plain inexcusable.