Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 6:28 pm

i went to planned parenthood for a checkup, and it seems i have something coming out of my cervix that is so large that it completetly blocks the cervix....i cant find any info about this specific condition anywhere...they do not know whether it is benign or cancerous...lady who performed exam had never seen anything like it...going to appiontment with different doc on the 27th unless i can find one sooner

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 7:04 pm

Could it be a fibroid?

This must be a really horrible, anxious time for you. I hope all goes well for you.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 7:21 pm

could be a benign polyp or as mentioned above, a fibroid, or even a wart (verruca). cancer can't be ruled out, but you being young makes that much less likely.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 7:25 pm

OP, could you have been pregnant? Could this be miscarried fetal remains?

It was hard to tell from your post, is this tissue attached to the cervix (like a polyp) or discharge coming out of the cervix (and presumably too thick and so is blocking it)?

questor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 7:33 pm

Do get this checked out, but remember, if necessary, they can often cure female reproductive cancer by taking out some or all of the reproductive system, and you can live fine without it.

I had a gradually worsening female bleeding problem for a couple of years. I had no money, and hate going to docs, so I didn't get it checked out for a long time. In late Aug, 2005, after I got on Medicaid, I had an ultra sound of the area. They saw something and recommended I have a DNC. I was moving out of state into a better living situation in a few days at that time, so I had to wait until I qualified for Medicaid in the new state. I brought the medical file from my ultra sound to my new gynecologist in Oct, 2005. He scheduled me for a DNC on Halloween. The DNC did fix the female bleeding problem, but a week later, voting day, the doctor called with the BOO. Based on the biopsy of the material from the scraping they did during the DNC, I had malignant cancer. I had a complete hysterectomy in early Dec, 2005. At the time, the doctor said it was a very bad form of cancer, but that they had caught it early, before it could penetrate through the uterus, and into other areas of the body. I had to have three internal bouts of radiation after I healed up from the surgery, but I have been cancer free since then.

I don't know how old you are, or whether you have or want kids, but it's best to get this taken care of now. If you are dead you have no choices. Alive you can always adopt. In my case I have never wanted kids and was already getting old to have them anyway. Who knows, this may just be a giant polyp, or group of polyps, or a giant cyst. So get it checked out, and remember, we on the spectrum are all:

A Different Drummer

If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
Perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music which he hears,
However measured or far away.

--Henry David Thoreau

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 9:30 pm

I have been slightly reluctant to completely rule out children...But I really should know better than to consider having them.....I have known that my cycle had been getting worse over the last couple years...I really had been a bit too dysfunctional and also scared to get myself to a doctor..it had seemed as though my periods started becoming still yet even worse ever since I started taking Prozac, BUT the addition of Prozac has made me slightly functional so that I was able to finally manage to get in for a very long delayed checkup...In addition to very heavy bleeding and the disccovery of this "abnormal growth that seems to be protruding from the hole in my cervix..I am told that it is soft, moves around, and bleeds on contact...I had not really payed attention to that part of my body until i started using a diva cup, and I noticed that I was gradually having a harder and harder time positioning it so that it would not leak....but I sorta thought that WAS my cervix...and that my cervix normally got like that before my period, which generally lasts half the month now....hummm....I know I am an idiot for not getting regular checkups, but I AM somewhat rather dysfunctional in certain ways....ie...can't drive....Have trouble at doctors offices and things like that..particularly on my own...the act of making an appointment on the phone has in the past been quite overwheming I am prone to having meltdowns after talking to receptionists at times....BUT...prozac has made me feel a bit more capable.

I have only gotten pregnant once, and that was when I was 16. I had an abortion and after that, I never got pregnant again...it could have been that I had complications that I did not attend to...because my boyfriend was much older than me and it was preferred that neither of our parents found out.

One thing that bothers me is that I get swellings along my spine that seem to correspond with my monthly cycle...different parts will swell up and cause pain followed by eventual drainage through a lesion that will often leave a small scar...I have treated these with castor oil packs..which sometimes help and sometimes don't..I currently have an irritation at the top of my spine near the base of my neck.

Avoidance of doctors runs in my family for what it is worth...So going to doctors about stuff is a topic that I can't easily discuss with my parents who are completely leery of conventional American medicine..and some of that sorta wore off on me....My parents do not know that i take prescription medication for my mental functioning.

I think I would have a hard time finding a doctor in my area who is receptive to holistic treatment or homeopathy or even east-meets-west medicine who would also accept my insurance, which is blue cross blue shield.

Ummm....I also am financially dependent upon other people and do not want to drive anyone into debt with my medical bills...I have a rather shabby sense of self-worth in general and do not want for there to be a big deal made over me. There are lots and lots of people in the world and people die all the time...
On paper, I own half of a business, so this makes me ineligible for any social medical programs...and I would also have a terrible time even attempting to wrangle with the bureaucracy.....

Sorry to sound to pessimistic....

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 9:33 pm

The back trouble is what leads me to suspect that my issues are cumbersome and complicated.