Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KickingBird
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2012, 6:31 am

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
I have many weird goings-on, mainly when I'm lying down, but not asleep. They range from position vertigo (where I'm spinning, like puddingmouse describes the hand of a clock) to Alice in Wonderland syndrome (where my whole universe feels like it's concentrated on the roof of my mouth, where my tongue touches it) - that one is actuall quite pleasant.

I also get sleep paralysis, which is a whole other thread, consisting of demons, aliens and ghosts and me being pulled through the bed and being screamed at directly into my ear, in a high pitched voice, whilst I can't move or speak.

I have had sleep paralysis. Is that an Asperger thing? I did not have the demon, alien screaming thing but it was quite terrifying. Last time was many years ago. In my mind, I aked Jesus to help me and it has not happened sense. Do you think is might be demonic, or percieved as such because when it happened to me I felt a strong demonic presence.

I had told a friend about them and she told me that any time she ever gor really scare, she would pray, "In the name of Jesus, make it go away. " That is what I did and it has not happened sence. Oooh it scares me just thinking about it. I would love to see a thread on this.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 6:59 am

Some of what you describe sounds like an ocular (often painless) migraine, I have had a few of those recently.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 7:02 am

KickingBird wrote:
I have had sleep paralysis. Is that an Asperger thing? I did not have the demon, alien screaming thing but it was quite terrifying. Last time was many years ago. In my mind, I aked Jesus to help me and it has not happened sense. Do you think is might be demonic, or percieved as such because when it happened to me I felt a strong demonic presence.

I had told a friend about them and she told me that any time she ever gor really scare, she would pray, "In the name of Jesus, make it go away. " That is what I did and it has not happened sence. Oooh it scares me just thinking about it. I would love to see a thread on this.

I don't think it's an Aspergers thing. My Dad gets it and he seems pretty NT. I've managed to more or less control it by eliminating cheese from my evening meals. I discovered by accident that cheese was the culprit (for me anyway, I don't suppose it's the same for everyone).

It's like you're dreaming, therefore you're paralysed (just as you should be when dreaming). But, you wake up (it's not a lucid dream) and continue to dream and be paralysed. It's terrifying.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 7:06 am

Aimless wrote:
Some of what you describe sounds like an ocular (often painless) migraine, I have had a few of those recently.
Alice in wonderland syndrome, which I spoke about briefly, is associated with migraines too. Interesting. :)

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 7:16 am

LOL.
I see the line of the walls moving, or waves in certain objects. But i never rise the question it could be something bad.
Maybe is because of a weak nervous system.

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 7:24 am

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
Aimless wrote:
Alice in wonderland syndrome, which I spoke about briefly, is associated with migraines too. Interesting. :)

I have many times the sensation i grow bigger and the people are smaller. Or sometimes i perceive myself like a sphere in expansion...
When i was little, i have dreamt a sphere breathing and growing huge. It was so strange! Could i have this syndrome? 8O

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 7:29 am

Sometimes it feels like I'm floating out of my head and I feel like I can't feel my body. I think this started after I smoked pot that I wonder if it was laced with something. It was the only time I ever smoked pot and felt anything at all. I remember standing in my friend's kitchen feeling like my head was almost hitting the ceiling. Then I was sick for days afterward.

Sometimes I feel a jerk like I stumbled but I'm standing or sitting still.

I also sometimes get tunnel vision where the edges of my vision go black when I'm focusing on something, especially on a lit screen.

Last edited by hanyo on 23 Jan 2012, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 7:30 am

AnotherKind wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
Aimless wrote:

I have many times the sensation i grow bigger and the people are smaller. Or sometimes i perceive myself like a sphere in expansion...
When i was little, i have dreamt a sphere breathing and growing huge. It was so strange! Could i have this syndrome? 8O
It's possible. I only learned about it when I recognised it from the descriptions given by the people being interviewed in a TV documentary. Your symptoms sound much more typical than mine, but there could be other reasons for it, of course.

SkyHeart
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2012, 2:43 pm

I remeber one from when I was small. I used to see blury cirles of colors float around the room in the morning after I woke up. I could catch them in my mouth and they tasted diferent from each other.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 3:05 pm

I'm reasonably sure these things happen because of heightend/hyper sensory issues.
I've had the walls breathing, also. And the tunnel vision.
I've never had Sleep Paralysis, but I did have Night Terrors, where you jerk awake in total Flight/fight mode with heartrate going 250 per minute.
One thing I get sometimes is that I'm floating above my body when I'm sleeping, then gravity suddenly asserts itself & I fall to Earth. To jerk up awake again.
I had one other that is almost like a tic.. When I drink (really in the past, rarely happens these days) orange juice for breakfast, the first swallow hitting my tonque is like an electric shock. My whole body jerks upright convulsively. Yet its intensely pleasurable at the same time. I never miss my OJ in the morning! LOL

Sincerely,
Matt

SkyHeart
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2012, 10:47 pm

I think that would make sence. it is all senses.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 2:57 pm

You know, Red Bull should hear about my OJ reaction! Just think of the commercials they could make! ROFLMAO.

Matt

Ember_Of
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2012, 9:04 pm

Huh. This is all fascinating.

Now I've never thought about myself as being on the spectrum, but I often felt and was scared that I was crazy when I was little, at certain periods.

I told my mom about some of the experiences but by far not all of them; I was scared she'd take me to a psychiatrist and there would be found something terribly wrong with me. And I didn't want it to be true.

Some of my weird sensory/experiential things:

Feeling like my head was turning topsy-turvy, like tumbling in a dryer - my vision spinning, and my sense of balance feeling like it was spinning too, while lying in bed on a few nights. I was too young to remember if this was in association with having been sick (like with a fever) in the days prior to it at all - but I don't think I was.

The experience of "levitating" or being able to float - whether upright on my feet, or in a prone position (stomach to the ground) - slowly - at will. (This was real enough that to this day, I swear I actually used to be able to do it.)

Having cuss words running through my head obsessively (for a short period during childhood) - where they bothered me and repeated and repeated and I couldn't get them to stop. I was terrified that I'd start uttering one out loud. This went away after some days/weeks? after I told my mom about it and she told me not to worry about it too much, but just to not be overly concerned/focused on it...and it seemed that some time after I relaxed about it, the words went away.

And, ALWAYS (meaning, since I was young and continuing to this day): If I stare for very long or "zone out"/unfocus my gaze when it's upon a repeating pattern (think bathroom floor tiles), I can see what I used to describe as "atoms" criss-crossing, zipping across the grid of it. In diagonals, vertical and horizontal - every which way, in straight lines. The best I can describe them is as zipping grains of like...light. Or something. Moving so fast that you can't make them out. You can only see the movement.

Anyone have anything like these?

*curious*

dx'd: A.D.D.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 10:16 pm

I tend to get weird sensations when I'm really depressed or really anxious.

kBillingsley
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 May 2012, 10:38 pm

Can you separate these "sensations" from reality?

Ember_Of
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2012, 10:43 pm

kBillingsley wrote:
Can you separate these "sensations" from reality?

kBillingsley, who are you asking? The OP?

My 2 cents: Well isn't "reality" only what we call that which we perceive through our senses??

Don't let's get started on philosophy. :lol:

dx'd: A.D.D.