Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Epimonandas
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2005, 12:16 am

I remember another quirk I had (and might still if I had a girlfriend), was feeling the ends of my mothers hair with my fingers and cheeks, I don't know if she was the only lady I ever did that too, there may have been more. But I do remember it was one technically tactile sensation that I had a craving for. Anyone else ever had that?

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2005, 3:12 am

i have long hair, and play with my hair all the time. i'll also use my hair to stroke others, but only certain individuals - babies and children and, ahem, the more intimate of my acquaintances...

Tere
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2005, 10:19 am

I have quirks too about anything soft. I love to stroke my "furbabies" it is calming and relaxing. I think that why I love to collect stuffed animals. I have a small stuffed bear on my keychain because if I feel anxious it will relax me and I feel lessed stressed.

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2005, 5:11 pm

I have a really fluffy cat called Scrappy (one of five). I love to rub my face in Scrappy's fur.

Epimonandas
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2005, 9:08 pm

I also used to punch holes in doors and walls. I also remember often in more flustered moments banging my head against my headboard or the wall in my room while sitting on my bed and sometimes on the floor. I think dep might have lost some of these quirks temporarily, but every now and then when feeling better I return to some of them.

:oops: "Did I do that?" He says as he lets one rip and breaks a chair.

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2005, 11:12 pm

Epimonandas wrote:
I also remember often in more flustered moments banging my head against my headboard or the wall in my room while sitting on my bed and sometimes on the floor.

Oh yes, I did that as well. I never hurt myself, but there are quite a few dents in my (hollow-core) bedroom door.

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2005, 7:03 am

Epimonandas wrote:

:oops: "Did I do that?" He says as he lets one rip and breaks a chair.

My god Epimonandas what do you eat????? :lol:

coffeenogrumpy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Feb 2005, 2:14 pm

when completely overwhelmed... i go into the bathroom with the lights off and the overhead fan on.. i cover my ears and hummmmmm. the drone in my brain feels really good. better than the madness on the outside

Epimonandas
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2005, 12:12 am

I've occassionally hung out in my closet rocking and sitting indian style with the lights off.
Playing war/strategy games relaxes me, as I know most possible solutions and I have confidence in my ability in this regard, and it is something easy to judge skill, if you win, you are good, if you win overwhelmingly against a supieror oppenent you are very good. I doodle when in classes throughout my notes. It took me awhile, longer than average I think, to learn to ty my shoes. I still cant tie a tie. I took awhile to learn proper bathroom etiquette too. It took me awhile to learn to whistle, but I cannot do it with my fingers. It took me awhile to be able to blow up a balloon. Had reading and writing extra help in school.

That floated air biscuit thing, i was just being funny.

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2005, 12:53 am

Characteristics of an ElfMan

I used to hang out in my closet with as much stuff piled on me as possible as often as possible. I still like to have a hiding spot to unwind in.

I used to throw myself from my chair. I just liked the feeling of hitting the floor. I used to bang my head with my hand to make my 'headaches' go away.

I would put myself to bed if bed time passed and I had not been put to bed. :?

I would collect other peoples stationary. 8O

I could not sleep with something not in its right spot in my room, so tidying my already tidy bedroom was a nightly ritual.

I liked it when my older sister pulled my hair and dug her nails into the back of my hands. :)

I would bite myself too.

I love to stroke certain textures. (nothing suss) :)

theres more but I have dobbed myself in enough for one post.

ElfMan

Maril
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2005, 7:01 pm

Climbing up at the top of my closet, and hang out ther.
Slept under my bed.
Dragged out hair from my head.
A lot of doodling in school.
Walked out of the classrom without saying anything.
I also loved to rub my face in one of our cat's fur.
Had a "rabbitt foot" (not real), that was comforting me in a period, I had it with me everywhere, until I lost it.
It also took me a while to learn how to tie my shoes, and I was told that I did it diffrent from the way i shold do it. It was pointless to try to teach me another way, though. :lol:
When I was 10 or so I was obsessed with vampires and wanted to be one, I had a chest that I lied in, dressed in black. It might be unnecessary to tell that I was good at hiding games? :wink:

CatGuy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Feb 2005, 7:36 pm

I constantly play with my hair and crack my knuckles/neck. I also sleep outside on my Dad's appartment balcony, even in freezing weather. :?

Epimonandas wrote:
I also remember often in more flustered moments banging my head against my headboard or the wall in my room while sitting on my bed and sometimes on the floor.

Same.

Epimonandas
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2005, 8:21 pm

Maril wrote:
Walked out of the classrom without saying anything.

My mom told me I did that sometimes. I dont hit my head so much now nor as hard, if I do I hit it with my hands but not super hard.

I cant drink or eat off of any dishes if there is a single gnat sized speck of dirt in or on it, at least the eating area, sometimes other areas affect my decisions depending on how much and how gross.

Often I just dont feel or seem aware of anything. And I never could self access or describe myself, one of my biggest setbacks on resumes and interviews.

merien_took
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Feb 2005, 4:18 pm

* I crack my knuckles (stopped for about a year but restarted during a stressful time. I also have to limit myself to just the index fingers cuz the others hurt too much).
* I have long hair and I rub my fingers over a section of it till its very smooth, no tangles or hairs "out of place." Then I rub the smooth section of hair over my lips. I think that's why my lips get so chapped. :?
* I chew on the insides of my cheeks. Not enough to bleed (usually), just peeling up the top layer of skin. Does anyone else do that?
* I have to breathe really deeply every couple of minutes. I try to fill my lungs up all the way to the bottom, and if I can't I keep trying over and over again until I get light-headed.

I have others, but I just focused on the ones others haven't mentioned and/or the ones that seem the weirdest to me. :)

Ebi
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2005, 1:13 am

I have this habit of rubbing my neck's back hair with my knuckles constantly. Even more so when I'm excited, stressed or otherwise in an "anormal" state. Obviously, I never considered this anormal until my work peers started noticing it. I just say them that comes with the package :D

Some time ago, I had this habit of threading a piece of forehead hair around my forefinger, I usually didn't stop until I already had plenty of them in my finger instead of in my head. Needless to say, I had a small, but visible, ugly bald spot at times.

Never learned how to whistle properly.

I tend to doodle a lot of spades and similar forms when I am on the phone, specially if the conversation becomes tense. I always wanted to know what does this mean.