Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 6:38 am

Happiness I can feel and love to me is so real
and so as you here these words telling you now of my state
I wish to tell you that it is never to late to enjoy life because I can.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 12:12 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
Suicide is murder because you are taking a human life. All humans are protected by law against acts of murder. By making suicide exempt you are arguing that you are not human. All humans are made in the image of God. So even if you take your own life you are still destroying an image of God which is a crime against God and humanity.

You are being far too uncritical in your use of language.

There are plenty of circumstances in which taking a human life is not murder. Even if we replace the word, "murder," in your statement with the somewhat more accurate, "homicide," there still exist plenty of circumstances in which the death of a human being is caused other than by natural causes where it is in no way homicide.

As for the religious implications, that is irrelevant to the question at hand. Biblical law countenances killing human beings is a wide range of circumstances, so the absolutism of your formula is clearly false. You need to establish a moral and ethical framework for evaluating a person's actions before you can conclude that those actions constitute a crime against god, against humanity or against the law of the jurisdiction in which you find yourself.