News story: Autism can be detected in babies

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 12:32 pm

The real problem are people who want everyone to be the same. Should those people be crossed off the who lives list?

So first Down's Syndrome. Next Autism. What comes next?

There sure alot of depressed people in the world. Why not cut them out too!

All of this is eugenics of the past using different tactics. Psychopathic thoughts. Superiority. Same as it ever was.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 12:43 pm

TheygoMew wrote:
The real problem are people who want everyone to be the same. Should those people be crossed off the who lives list?

So first Down's Syndrome. Next Autism. What comes next?

There sure alot of depressed people in the world. Why not cut them out too!

All of this is eugenics of the past using different tactics. Psychopathic thoughts. Superiority. Same as it ever was.

Tell you right now-and they are trying-someone born homosexual-they would love to detect that in the womb and whats funny the religious people would love that even though they claim its a choice but they would be behind eugenics and abortion only if the child is determined to be homosexual.-sorry for slanting the discussion to a different topic.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 1:05 pm

TheygoMew wrote:
The real problem are people who want everyone to be the same.

Like I said: "my suffering was mainly caused by negative societal feedback and lack of acceptance, so perhaps we should rather work to fix things on that end".

Either way works for me, Sparta or Utopia. Throw us off a cliff or accept us as one of your own, but don't treat us like freaks. Society needs to make up its mind and decide if it wants us or not.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 1:07 pm

TheygoMew wrote:

So you think I'm a psychopath and a Nazi because I would rather not have been born than to "live" like this?

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 1:10 pm

Radiofixr wrote:
Tell you right now-and they are trying-someone born homosexual-they would love to detect that in the womb and whats funny the religious people would love that even though they claim its a choice but they would be behind eugenics and abortion only if the child is determined to be homosexual.-sorry for slanting the discussion to a different topic.

Do you think that bigoted, religiously deluded people are fit to raise a gay kid? I don't. I'd rather they don't get to torment a gay teenager and drive him into suicide.

I actually wouldn't want them to raise and indoctrinate children at all, but I don't get to decide that and wouldn't want to make such a decision. So if that kind of people do have kids, I seriously hope they aren't gay. For the sake of the kids, not for the sake of the bigoted parents.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 1:30 pm

I don't think they should intervene too early, I mean everyone is not exactly the same......it seems like the goal of this is more to detect any variations in a child and then use behavior modification as early as possible to try and mold them into the person they want them to be. I really don't like the idea at all.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 1:49 pm

Ok, maybe I'm just trying to be optimistic here, but I don't think this particular study is anything we should worry about.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 2:29 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
TheygoMew wrote:

So you think I'm a psychopath and a Nazi because I would rather not have been born than to "live" like this?

No, I'd think you were a psychopath nazi if you thought all autistics should not be born. If that is the case then yes.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 2:41 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
Radiofixr wrote:

Do you think that bigoted, religiously deluded people are fit to raise a gay kid? I don't. I'd rather they don't get to torment a gay teenager and drive him into suicide.

I actually wouldn't want them to raise and indoctrinate children at all, but I don't get to decide that and wouldn't want to make such a decision. So if that kind of people do have kids, I seriously hope they aren't gay. For the sake of the kids, not for the sake of the bigoted parents.

I was tormented my whole life. Parents, bullies at school, was suicidal but guess what? I overcame the odds no matter how horrible it was. Now I am away from them and doing much better.

It's not my problem anymore. Life isn't perfect for anyone.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 2:42 pm

TheygoMew wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:
Radiofixr wrote:

I was tormented my whole life. Parents, bullies at school, was suicidal but guess what? I overcame the odds no matter how horrible it was. Now I am away from them and doing much better.

Well you're lucky then, some people don't overcome that sort of thing so easily.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 2:43 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
TheygoMew wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:
Radiofixr wrote:

Well you're lucky then, some people don't overcome that sort of thing so easily.

Who said it was easy? I still struggle with PTSD. If I had to choose to eliminate PTSD or autism, I'd choose PTSD.

Last edited by TheygoMew on 27 Jan 2012, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 2:47 pm

TheygoMew wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
TheygoMew wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:
Radiofixr wrote:

Who said it was easy?

That's not quite what I meant, more that some people are unable to totally recover from that kind of thing, it seemed you where implying you did so everyone else should be able to. I was not trying to say I think it was easy for you, so sorry it came off that way.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 2:47 pm

TheygoMew wrote:
No, I'd think you were a psychopath nazi if you thought all autistics should not be born. If that is the case then yes.

I do indeed think that autistic children shouldn't been born into a world that is not prepared to accept them, tells them they have a mental disease and drives them into social isolation or worse. So I guess I am a psychopath Nazi.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 2:49 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
TheygoMew wrote:

I do indeed think that autistic children shouldn't been born into a world that is not prepared to accept them, tells them they have a mental disease and drives them into social isolation or worse. So I guess I am a psychopath Nazi.

Yeah perhaps you are. Congrats on not being autistic! Which is great for you since you hate us so much that we shouldn't be born.

Also, not having alot of friends is not the end of the world. I don't feel lonely without friends. If I do have friends, okay that's nice but my world isn't shattered if I don't have friends.

This is a case of forcing so called normal wants on autistics claiming it all pertains to them. Welcome to your cookie cutter clinic. Please have a seat. You are number 5,909,787,001

Last edited by TheygoMew on 27 Jan 2012, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 2:51 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
TheygoMew wrote:

Yup, pyschopath nazi here.

What about all the people who managed to overcome this and become great not in spite, but BECAUSE of their autism. Should they have never been born?

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 2:53 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
TheygoMew wrote:

what about the ones who have been born into such a world already?