Question for the aspergers guys who desperately want a GF

Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 10:41 am

This is mainly directed towards the guys who have never had anything but romantic rejection, ever.

Do you want a GF because you actually want a relationship, or do you want a GF to make you feel like/prove you are worth something and aren't completely repulsive?

This is a serious question. I think a lot of guys want a GF for the wrong reasons.

Let me clarify this.

You aren't repulsive, none of you. You are worth just as much as those around you. Yes, it's harder to steal a woman's heart when you are a certain way but that has nothing to do with your worth. It's hard to meet girls and even harder to meet a compatible one. That doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with you. You are just different. Do not let this get you down, when you have the underlying potential to be happy. You aren't worthless.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 10:55 am

Depends on what you'd call a relationship. I could say I've been close to some people, but it would seem they've only ever put up with me out of pity. In any case, I'd still like to put in my $0.02.

Years and years ago(perhaps around 10-12) I'd been jealous of my older brother. He'd always got to do everything first, was always more popular, more into what was considered cool, etc. Having a girlfriend(even more than one at a time) was just one aspect of it.

Not to say that it hasn't changed. I do think a lot of it has to do with feelings of self worth. I realize now it doesn't matter so much, but that doesn't make it any less difficult to deal with the fact that others all around you have someone who values them so much while you're on your own. It's still possible to be lonely.

The important thing is to not be desperate. Going for the first person who'll have you is only likely to lead to disaster or at the very least, wasted time. It's not worth being with somebody who you don't feel anything for, and because of that it will probably not work out.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 11:31 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Do you want a GF because you actually want a relationship, or do you want a GF to make you feel like/prove you are worth something and aren't completely repulsive?

or do you want a GF because it makes you look bad if you don't in society's eyes?

well, the three of them.

Quote:
This is a serious question. I think a lot of guys want a GF for the wrong reasons.

Heck, I don't think there is a right reason.

Quote:
You aren't repulsive, none of you. You are worth just as much as those around you. Yes, it's harder to steal a woman's heart when you are a certain way but that has nothing to do with your worth. It's hard to meet girls and even harder to meet a compatible one. That doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with you. You are just different. Do not let this get you down, when you have the underlying potential to be happy. You aren't worthless.

Some people think this is giving up. "You can't get a GF, give up, and be happy with something else (like you have a choice)". well, they do have a point.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 11:38 am

blunnet wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

or do you want a GF because it makes you look bad if you don't in society's eyes?

well, the three of them.

Quote:

Heck, I don't think there is a right reason.

Quote:

Some people think this is giving up. "You can't get a GF, give up, and be happy with something else (like you have a choice)". well, they do have a point.

The right reason is because you love her and really enjoy hanging out with her, and you can deal with the highs and lows that come with relationships.

And the last part is not what I was trying to say. I was trying to make some people feel better about themselves.

Negolin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jan 2012, 11:41 am

i want a family.

so, in order for that to happen i need (not want) a female partner.

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 11:49 am

hale_bopp wrote:
The right reason is because you love her and really enjoy hanging out with her, and you can deal with the highs and lows that come with relationships.

Bad consequences have come from the 'right' reasons.

Quote:
And the last part is not what I was trying to say. I was trying to make some people feel better about themselves.

Yeah, I know you were trying to make them feel better about themselves, the issue is that that doesn't give them what they want, but rather is saying to better stop yearning for something they can't get and look for something else they actually can, and be content with that. Pretty much that is synonymous to giving up, even if its temporary, just that is a nicer way to put it.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 11:57 am

Okay, I'll bite.

I want a girlfriend, and eventually more, because I want to exist as part of a pair-bonded household. I.E. I want a relationship. Part of this is, and I'll admit it may be selfish, but I'm nearly alone on this planet. I have 2 family members left, and a slew of friends who are typical fair-weather only. Soon I'll have no Family. The logical conclusion then is to join another one, or to create one.

I've lived 14 years without sex. It's less important to me than belonging, be that in a place, or with a group of people.

I want everything, good and bad, that comes with that: the fights, the eventual degradation of both partners appearance, the companionship. Maybe this is difficult for some people to understand, especially considering the way that the Media portrays men's attitudes, but I actually like the boring domestic stuff that comes with being in a committed relationship. I also like the not so boring stuff that only comes with being in a committed relationship.

I'm also very liberal in my attitudes towards women. She makes more money than me? Good for her. She doesn't want to shave her pits, I'm okay with that. The point I'm trying to make is, if the other person is special enough to want to be in a relationship with them, then it doesn't matter about little things like that. The big issues of compatibility are the ones that can't be worked around.

I know I'm not repulsive or worthless. That is precisely what makes it so frustrating. I'm incredibly well read, I can carry on an intelligent conversation, I take care of my physical appearance, I remember important dates and anniversaries, and yet, guys who have none of these qualities manage to get all the women I find suitable or whom show any interest in me at all.

We have bumped heads on this already once before, but I cannot in good conscience countenance stringing along a girl who I find unsuitable, hoping I develop some sort of attraction for her, anymore than I would expect her to do that for me. If both partners don't feel some sort of attraction, then there is no hope. I can understand and respect that. What I cannot understand is being attracted to me, then when they find out what I'm really like, they suddenly get spooked and run back to party some more. I think they get scared of commitment just as much as the media says Men do.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 11:58 am

hale_bopp wrote:
This is mainly directed towards the guys who have never had anything but romantic rejection, ever.

Let me clarify this.

This is something i have considered about myself in the past. I would like a relationship but i dont think im capable of one. That pretty much leaves only friendship and sex on the table, which are two things i have very little ability to get. Which in the end makes me feel unwanted/worthless/etc.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 11:59 am

MXH wrote:
This is something i have considered about myself in the past. I would like a relationship but i dont think im capable of one. That pretty much leaves only friendship and sex on the table, which are two things i have very little ability to get. Which in the end makes me feel unwanted/worthless/etc.

I thought something was already "on the table" in your case, MXH?

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 12:00 pm

What do you mean by that?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Jan 2012, 12:13 pm

I want a relationship because I function a lot better when I have someone. Caring about someone motivates me to be a better person & having someone I can turn to helps me sort things out & make better decisions.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 12:54 pm

I don't know about any of you, but I strongly feel everyone needs a good freind and a kind careing loving relationship.

I know I cry about not having a girlfriend. heck, I cry about not haveing any friends.

to all of you, Ask yourself this...
Whats important in life? is life about careing for other people? or is life just about yourself? i'd suggest you deeply consider both options and provide yourself with the correct answer.

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 12:56 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

Let me clarify this.

I know people want to believe this but it's not reality. How much worth do you society places on someone like me? A 25 year old male that doesn't know how to bath properly and can barely take care of himself. A 9th grade special ed drop out that's slow, poor, ugly, doesn't have friends, and can't drive. You think I'd be treated the same as a good looking male with a college degree when it comes to getting a job or a date?

Society views someone like me as a half-mentally ret*d repulsive loser that can't do anything right.

Bottom line is that not all people are created equally, people are born inferior/superior to others. It's not a self-esteem issue, it's just reality. No matter how idealistic someone wants to think.

beezy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jan 2012, 1:03 pm

I think the number 1 reason is to stop being lonely.

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 1:05 pm

Quote:
I know people want to believe this but it's not reality. How much worth do you society places on someone like me? A 25 year old male that doesn't know how to bath properly and can barely take care of himself. A 9th grade special ed drop out that's slow, poor, ugly, doesn't have friends, and can't drive. You think I'd be treated the same as a good looking male with a college degree when it comes to getting a job or a date?

Society views someone like me as a half-mentally ret*d repulsive loser that can't do anything right.

Bottom line is that not all people are created equally, people are born inferior/superior to others. It's not a self-esteem issue, it's just reality. No matter how idealistic someone wants to think.

I'm not trying to be rude. but, You must be a sad, sad person to feel that way. I'd hope you do know that you (like all people) can change. so theres no reason for anyone to think of themselves as infierior. your life can be just as good as any elses. if, you really want it to be.

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 1:32 pm

transformingcar wrote:
Quote:

I'm not trying to be rude. but, You must be a sad, sad person to feel that way. I'd hope you do know that you (like all people) can change. so theres no reason for anyone to think of themselves as infierior. your life can be just as good as any elses. if, you really want it to be.

I've thought about this for awhile and I've come to the conclusion that I'm not "sad" and I don't have low self esteem. I just have a different way of thinking. I really don't want to say anything further to avoid pissing a bunch of people off.