Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2005, 4:02 pm

Hello all! My name is Louisa and I am a homeschooled student. I live in Upstate New York, and I was recently diagnosed with AS. I also have ADHD and Sensory integration disorder(I'm hypo instead of hypersensitive) I love to read(Especially Jane Austen) write, watch movies(Plus Gilmore Girls, SNL and American Idol, once they get to hollywood. Simon is too mean in the auditions, he makes me cry just watching it) play with my pets, and listen to music(Amy Grant, June Tabor, Relient K, Newsboys, OC supertones, Clay Aiken, and so many others!! I especially like christian rock/ska and traditional celtic music, but my musical tastes are very wide-ranging). My aspie interests are Animals, and anything to do with Jane Austen, the regency period/napoleonic wars in England, and writing children's books.
I am 18 and I live with my Mom..My parents are seperated, i see my Dad every weekend. My siblings living at Mom's are...Amelia is 14 and my only biological sibling. She is the only "normal" one, she is my best friend
sometimes and my worst enemy other times. She likes cats, loud music
and almost anything from Hot Topic. Miki(Millen) is adopted and of
ethiopian ancestry, (age 12) She has Down Syndrome and is so cute and
sweet, i can't imagine how anyone could not love her! She is a big,
huge fan of makeup, pink nail polish and anything girly, so she comes
into my room every morning asking "Makeup, please?" so I always do
it:-) Noah is 6 and biracial. We got him when he was 4 mo, but he still has
emotional damage from being in a very abusive family before us. He's
very cute sometimes, and very stinky other times. He loves legos,
anything with a motor, and music. And Jake lives with my Dad. He was also adopted. He is black and has autism and down syndrome. He is 15 and is basically a walking infant. He likes toys that make noise and mushy food.
I desperately want only a couple things-first, to have a friend, second, to fall in love, get married, have kids, homeschool them and stay married to the same man my whole life.
Now I want to learn about all of you!! I'm thrilled to have found this place, and I look forward to getting to know all my fellow aspies!!
Louisa

alex
Developer
Developer

18 Feb 2005, 6:45 pm

Hello. welcome to wrongplanet. It was nice to talk to you in the chatroom. Your family seems to adopt lots of children.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2005, 6:53 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet! You ought to feel right at home here.

Tere
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2005, 8:44 am

Welcome Mockingbird! You will really love it here! By the way, the Mockingbird is one of my favorite birds. We have one here that comes every summer. :D

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2005, 9:02 am

Thank you all for your welcomes!
My Mom adores children, and she always wanted a big family, but my parents decided to adopt because there are kids out there who *need* a loving home.
I already do feel at home here:-)
Thank you! I have seen pictures of mockingbirds, but I have never actually seen one myself
Louisa

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2005, 11:41 am

Welcome to wrong planet :D

Tere
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2005, 1:49 pm

Mockingbird I love Mockingbirds! They are crafty to say the least. When I feed my birds in the morning, I use a special whistle to call them. The Mockingbird has mastered that whistle pretty good. It drives the other birds crazy!! :lol:

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2005, 11:17 pm

Thank you:-)
that sounds like a very crafty bird!! he/she must be fun to have around