Page 5 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Who is responsible for the Holocaust?
Hitler and only Hitler 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hitler + his minions only 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
All of the Nazis aside from Schindler and other righteous among the nations 22%  22%  [ 10 ]
A large portion of Europe's population 44%  44%  [ 20 ]
All European Christians 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
other 24%  24%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 45

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 7:18 pm

TheFerretHadToGo wrote:
LiberalJustice wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
It should be mentioned, among those brave enough to protect others who were deemed to have been defective from euthanasia by the Nazis, was Dr. Hans Asperger, who had protected his "Little Professors" from certain death.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Are you sure this is true? I thought they (the Nazis) favored people with AS due to their inclination to routine and order.

They actually discussed extermination or at least sterilization of autistics and autistic psycopaths (what we call aspies today). Hans Asperger stood up for his "little professors" at least.
I don´t know why the Nazis never came to a verdict on the matter, it might have to do with that this was late in the war and they had far more pressing matters to attend to since they obviously were on the verge of defeat.
From what I've heard, Hans Asperger was a Nazi himself (or at least his supervisor was) and served in their military. What are your sources? My mother is looking for information on this and would be very interested if you could provide her (and me) with reliable info.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 10:39 pm

LiberalJustice wrote:
TheFerretHadToGo wrote:
LiberalJustice wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
It should be mentioned, among those brave enough to protect others who were deemed to have been defective from euthanasia by the Nazis, was Dr. Hans Asperger, who had protected his "Little Professors" from certain death.

Are you sure this is true? I thought they (the Nazis) favored people with AS due to their inclination to routine and order.

They actually discussed extermination or at least sterilization of autistics and autistic psycopaths (what we call aspies today). Hans Asperger stood up for his "little professors" at least.
I don´t know why the Nazis never came to a verdict on the matter, it might have to do with that this was late in the war and they had far more pressing matters to attend to since they obviously were on the verge of defeat.
From what I've heard, Hans Asperger was a Nazi himself (or at least his supervisor was) and served in their military. What are your sources? My mother is looking for information on this and would be very interested if you could provide her (and me) with reliable info.

I can't speak to whether Asperger was a Nazi himself or not, but that hardly matters when you consider that Oskar Schindler was himself a party member who saved may Jews. As a matter of fact, so was Gert Frobe, the actor who had played title role in the James Bond movie, Goldfinger, who was himself a Nazi during the war, but had actually kept a number of Jews alive. So, Nazi party affiliation alone doesn't make one the devil. But saving people from the Nazi death machine certainly made one an angel.