Regional Meetup & Networking Thread Index

Page 12 of 12 [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

pasty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2019, 7:42 pm

For anyone in North Alabama, I have started a group in Huntsville.
Here is the Facebook group used for scheduling and announcing events: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2001293243513806/

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 5:23 am

Is this about meeting people from this website?

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2019, 10:40 am

caThar4G wrote:
Is this about meeting people from this website?

From what I gather scrolling through previous pages of this post, yes. But it's also about just meeting other aspies in your area. A lot of meetups are organized on meetup.com where anyone can find and join a group, so it's not limited to people on the forum.

WildColonial
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 12:48 pm

I’m thinking I might start something in Northeast Ohio. Anyone interested?

“‘Why was I chosen?’ ‘Such questions cannot be answered,’ said Gandalf. ‘You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess: not for power or wisdom, at any rate. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.’”

pasty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 May 2019, 4:02 pm

autiedidact wrote:
Are there any secular groups run by and for people on the spectrum in the Atlanta area? Googling yields nothing that meets either criterion, let alone both.

There is a group in Atlanta. GCA Metro Atlanta. They have a website and a Facebook group.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2019, 3:45 pm

'The San Francisco Aspergers Self Help Meetup' (AASHM) group meets monthly. The next meeting is Saturday, June 8, 2019.

Any experiences with AASHM?

Emily_Ica
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jun 2019, 10:10 am

Hi there,

Does anyone know about meetups/groups in the DMV area? (DC, MD, VA, just to be sure) I am really new to the area and do not know many people and would like to meet some likeminded people around, preferably in a non-awkward setting. :)
If you know anything, please let me know. Any suggestions on how to meet new people easily, even if I am socially awkward are very welcome. I am interested in how you make new friends and meet new people.
Thank you!

Emily

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 6:19 pm

I'm planning to start a Meetup group here in Queens (NYC) in the not-too-distant future, but I'd like to build up a small critical mass of interested people first. I've already found a few interested people from the already-existing support groups I attend in Manhattan.

If you are interested, please PM me.

The location is accessible to the following public transportation: Q37 bus, Q10 bus, A train (Lefferts Blvd branch), J train. It is also indirectly accessible from the E or F train (via the Q37) and most LIRR lines (via the J train, from Jamaica station). The location also has a parking lot.

Stanleyanna
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Nov 2019, 2:20 pm

Hi i'm in the midlands at the momentop. I live on a barge. It's been 6 mths . My mum let ithe be known I havexpect aspergers while. It hasn't helped. She now gets it. I need a friend as there'seems a little of bullying. I don't know anyone who understands me.

Stanleyanna
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Nov 2019, 2:25 pm

Hi i'm in the midlands at the momentop. I live on a barge. It's been 6 mths . My mum let ithe be known I havexpect aspergers while. It hasn't helped. She now gets it. I need a friend as there'seems a little of bullying. I don't know anyone who understands me.

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2019, 3:11 pm

Albertan here. Just throwing that out there.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2019, 3:41 pm

Stanleyanna wrote:

I hope you find someone. I am in Wales. I hope you are not bullied too much.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 12:21 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Stanleyanna wrote:

I hope you find someone. I am in Wales. I hope you are not bullied too much.
agrees on the bullying part...
Now this is awkward .. and will not ever write this again .. According to available records thus far. Grandpa on Dads side was a Welshman ..
Reason asked about redhair , was actually cause late husband has gorgeous red hair . A true throwback , both his mum and dad were redheads.. am told he carried a pretty rare gene , oddly a dominant redhair gene . Which just isn-t done in genetics ..we both had blue eyed gene , which , for the love me , could
Not Figure , people saying blue was recessive .
Need meet up for blue eyed aspies .. thank you . :idea:

where ever you go ,there you are

Lely
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jul 2020, 4:34 am

Jakki wrote:
am told he carried a pretty rare gene , oddly a dominant redhair gene

A dominant red hair gene?
Wish I had red hair. Red and black are the most beautiful hair colors imo.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 5:14 am

wish there were more pacific northwest aspies here. :| they've DISAPPEARED.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 10:47 am

Lely wrote:
Jakki wrote:
am told he carried a pretty rare gene , oddly a dominant redhair gene

A dominant red hair gene?
Wish I had red hair. Red and black are the most beautiful hair colors imo.

Have no idea if such a thing exists. Dominant red hair,, but I did not argue after having met both his parents and had seen pictures of them. Before they had started to grey .

where ever you go ,there you are