Do you channel frustration outwardly or inwardly?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

gtw1983
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2012, 1:20 pm

Until a year or two ago I was mostly inwardly channeled.
I beat myself up inside,and told myself that all my screw ups were exclusively my fault.
Sad as it may seem I found many people were more than happy to let me accept the blame if I took it.Some people rarely like to admit they made a mistake because of ego and self esteem.At the time I had none,so that was probably why i was such an easy target.

Not sure what exactly happened,but I eventually grew tired of destroying myself all the time.Instead of hating on myself I began to very harshly at times lash out in anger at those that tried to BS or push me around.At times I began to become the exact opposite of before;because I would fiercely deflect blame from myself even if I knew I was guilty deep inside.It was weird because even though I was still way hypersensitive about some things;other things like criticism of my habits or life choices that used to upset me just made me smirk or even laugh now.

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 2:36 pm

I don't beat myself up on the inside or blame myself for everything and my self-esteem is usually rather good. I tend to blame other people and get really frustrated with them, but instead of expressing it outwardly I suppress it and keep it on the inside, where it just keeps building up until I explode and have a meltdown. That's not a good way to do it either, but I can't seem to find a better channel for my frustration. I don't know how to express it outwardly without making things even worse.

Merculangelo
Toucan
Toucan

02 Feb 2012, 4:49 pm

often, though, "its their fault that its my fault" because they maintain the laws, and if I break them, i'm guilty, even if the laws are unjust. that is nature. Then its everyones fault and I am just a line in between that system and whatever it was that clashed with it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Feb 2012, 8:33 pm

I tend to channel it inwardly for a while but I start changeling it outwardly after it builds up inwardly a while. I find posting about things helps me get it out in a more constructive way than beating myself up inside or having meltdowns with others

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

quirkyandlaughing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Feb 2012, 12:41 am

My natural tendency is to do it inwardly, which I did for decades. This would ultimately culminate in a meltdown (though always in private). Though my initial instinct is still to internalize, I'm much better at managing frustration and externalizing when appropriate now. I'm old though!

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 3:14 am

I usually let it bottle up inside of me until I have a very loud meltdown.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright