TESCO NIGHT SHIFT

Vacancy from Jobcentre Plus
Wage JSA+EXPENSES
Hours TBC
Location EAST ANGLIA IP32
Duration Permanent

http://jobcentreplus.jobhits.co.uk/TESC ... -BSD-27442

i just noticed it says permanent???

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 3:24 am

^

Slaves 4 eva UK!

Britons always always always shall be slaves!

psych
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 5:20 am

peebo wrote:
psych wrote:
Quote:
TESCO NIGHT SHIFT

Vacancy from Jobcentre Plus
Wage JSA+EXPENSES
Hours TBC
Location EAST ANGLIA IP32
Duration Permanent

http://jobcentreplus.jobhits.co.uk/TESC ... -BSD-27442

i just noticed it says permanent???

the post might be permanent, but the mandatory placement for an individual will still be the normal length. Theyve responded to say that part was a 'mistake' its helped the screencap go viral anyway.

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 1:40 pm

a colleague at work today was saying that, according to something he seen on television relating to a parliamentary discussion yesterday (not sure what it was as i don't have a television) in addition to jsa claimants this will soon also apply to the work focused group of esa claimants. so, if you are signed off from work by your doctor and get to the point your employment is terminated through ill-health, or if you've been out of work for a long time through ill-health, you might soon find yourself stacking shelves on the night shift at tesco for no pay. it's disgusting.

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

psych
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 3:32 pm

peebo wrote:
a colleague at work today was saying that, according to something he seen on television relating to a parliamentary discussion yesterday (not sure what it was as i don't have a television) in addition to jsa claimants this will soon also apply to the work focused group of esa claimants. so, if you are signed off from work by your doctor and get to the point your employment is terminated through ill-health, or if you've been out of work for a long time through ill-health, you might soon find yourself stacking shelves on the night shift at tesco for no pay. it's disgusting.

The JSA programs at least have a time limit of 2 or 6 months. For people on disability benefits there will be no limit at all.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/ ... nefit-cuts

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 4:23 pm

that's exactly what my colleague was saying. now that i see you're linking to an article in the guardian, i think that's where he had read it.

the disabled and sick and those unable to work on the grounds of ill-health will now simply be used as slave labour for tesco.

Adam Smith

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 4:28 pm

peebo wrote:
the disabled and sick and those unable to work on the grounds of ill-health will now simply be used as slave labour for tesco.

Another way of looking at it is that the UK taxpayer is now subsidising the largest and most successful supermarket chain in the country.

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 2:46 am

Tequila wrote:
peebo wrote:

Another way of looking at it is that the UK taxpayer is now subsidising the largest and most successful supermarket chain in the country.

yes that is a way of looking at it, but i think the point of view that the largest and most successful supermarket chain in the country is using sick and disabled people as unpaid slave labour is infinitely worse, no?

Adam Smith

psych
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 6:27 am

westminster tesco this morning

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 10:41 am

^There needs to be less talking, and more of this. And more riots, like the poll tax ones.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 11:33 am

smudge wrote:
And more riots, like the poll tax ones.

Civil disobedience would be far better than riots. All rioting will do is get a lot of people a kicking.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 5:21 pm

Tequila wrote:
smudge wrote:
And more riots, like the poll tax ones.

Civil disobedience would be far better than riots. All rioting will do is get a lot of people a kicking.

It got rid of Thatcher. That's a good thing.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 5:22 pm

peebo wrote:
yes that is a way of looking at it, but i think the point of view that the largest and most successful supermarket chain in the country is using sick and disabled people as unpaid slave labour is infinitely worse, no?

Oh, absolutely. Both need a bloody good airing.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 5:26 pm

smudge wrote:
It got rid of Thatcher. That's a good thing.

No, it didn't.

The widespread refusal to pay it and resultant public hostility, i.e. the non-violent civil disobedience I referred to, along with her increasingly anti-EEC views (which put her at odds with her own Cabinet and much of her own parliamentary party and the senior Tory leadership) were the main reasons for Margaret Thatcher being removed from office. Not unwashed urchins rioting.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 9:10 pm

We've had this for nearly 2 decades set up by our Howard "liberal" government, so called work for the dole.

Though only used in the non for profit sector, which I'm not against though used in the private sector, unbelievable, shocking in fact. :o

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2012, 8:36 am

S***, I can see why the UK has fewer fans of capitalism. For anything like that to ever pass in the US it would need a binding roadmap to employment (via the employer) and even then I don't think they'd throw any random body in like throwing an engineer on a garbage truck. Even then, we'd never want to tamper with business to the point where we're forcing the government on them as an arbitrary temp agency.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin