What do you think of phone convarsations?

Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Phone or Online communication (instant messanger)?
Phone 9%  9%  [ 13 ]
Phone 9%  9%  [ 13 ]
IMing 41%  41%  [ 63 ]
IMing 41%  41%  [ 63 ]
Total votes : 152

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 1:32 pm

A lot of you will think this is wierd but this how it is for me. I don't mind talking on a landline phone, but I can't stand talking on a cell phone. Landline phones are very reliable; cell phones, on the other hand, break up the connection constantly. Ditto for VoIP phones. So after I get my own apartment, I'm willing to pay extra $50 a month to have a landline, even though it's redundant for one person to have 2 phone numbers (land and cell).

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2005, 7:30 am

I don't know how to use a mobile phone and have never owned one. I don't like phones much in general but see them as a necessary evil. Computers are better.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2005, 11:17 pm

I hate talking on the Phone. On the other hand, I love to listen to Phone conversations, because I hear one side, and there's a mystery to the other half of the conversation.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2005, 12:43 am

I enjoy that with my regular voice, my phone voice is slowly changing agian. I can talk for a whil once a good conversation gets started, but for the most part I can't stand the phone.

salomedesade
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Nov 2005, 6:48 pm

The reason I hate IMing is the bad grammar and spelling. I always try to make my English perfect before I submit a message, and of course it takes a while. I can't stand reading spelling and grammar errors, but by the time I write how I want to write, several minutes have passed. I like email because there's no one waiting. I get nervous on the phone with someone I don't know, or when I have to make a call to ask a stranger about a job interview or anything else. Does anyone here prefer to leave a message on voicemail, then wait for the other person to call back, letting them take the first big step? I always pray for the voicemail when calling about a job.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 7:09 pm

I DESPISE playbacks. I sound the same as I did when I was eight, it seems like: congested and low for a chick.

Here, decide for yourself!

http://wrongplanet.net/modules.php?name ... pic&t=4799

Thagomizer wrote:
I can talk on the phone, bu I'm usually self-conscious of my voice, as I hate hearing it when played back, I cannot imagine how it must sound to the person on the other end of the phone. I don't call people very often, unless I want to get back in touch with them or discuss plans etc. I espescially hate those long, tedious, and sometimes excruciating moments of silence where no one has anything to say.

You voice just sounds softer, otherwise the same.

Lurker_Extraordinaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2005, 6:07 pm

I could easily do without phones.

The people who I allow to get hold of me know e-mails is the best way to do so.

Otherwise I let the machine downstairs get messages from others.
Have a cell phne for long distance and emergencys on the road.