Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Koreana
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Feb 2005, 7:06 pm

OK.......this is my 3rd post and do ya think I can get it right? Mom of a great kid here. He is hitting puberty and his moods are like a tornado and I have lost toto and my glass slipper. Anyone out there feel like they are in OZ with out a balloon to take them home : )

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2005, 7:26 pm

You need to offer more information on what your troubles are and how the child is responding.

Tere
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2005, 7:47 pm

Welcome Koreana! Yes I know exactly what you mean. I get that feeling right before a melt-down!! Whenever I feel overwhelmed like you are right now, I have to go off by myself for an hour or so to regroup. It's hard to do sometimes.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2005, 1:03 pm

Are you trying to introduce yourself or tell us about a situation?

Koreana
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2005, 4:20 pm

larsenjw92286 wrote:
Are you trying to introduce yourself or tell us about a situation?

Sorry Jay I started with good intentions and well.........produced the mish-mash you read. My son is 11 and was diagnosed at 4 with aspergers. He had been doing quite well with lots of cues for socializing. This year brought middle school and hormones and my son is fall apart emotionally. He is very angry about his aspergers and wants so badly to be one of the cool kids at school. Cool in my mind isn't the place to be....comfortable in his settings would be nice. We are trying to find ways to defuse his frustration and anger. I guess I need an outlet to talk to people who might understand.