Punching and breaking things when you're angry

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 4:21 am

Transhuman wrote:
Lyll wrote:
Yep, throwing, punching and biting myself (ouch) Never directed towards someone though, just objects.

I do that too. I often start tearing my hair out and punching my head. Over the years though, this self-hitting reduced and shifted more to objects.

Several times, my neighbors had to call the police (which resulted into a SWAT team arriving to my flat) because I was punching my wall so hard that they thought somebody was being beaten to death.

Oh, I only got to the point an anonymous letter arrived asking me to stop that noise...

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 7:16 am

I used to do this all the time. It started around the time of the hormone change for me, although there was a lot of s-word going on in my life at the time as well so I don't know how much of it was stress. Nowadays I rarely get that angry, but I only break or hit things. Back then I was so out of control I hurt people. I feel such regret for my actions despite the fact that I was out of control. I still hit myself during a meltdown though.

Lyll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2012, 11:45 am

I'm not punching myself just bitingmyself (tha't bad enough though) , I'm punching things (i try to choose soft things , I get hurt enough with the biting)

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 3:23 pm

It happens sometimes however not all the time though.

Wind_Drinker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2012, 6:39 pm

Yep. All the time.

I'm a mushroom cloud laying mother humper when ticked off.