Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

sockstock
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2012, 9:26 pm

I don't know who it was, but I have been betrayed by someone on this site. I can't get into the details, and I realize that this is vague, but I was slammed with something today and it came from this site. It is a violation against my personal rights and may cost me dearly. I am angry and hurt. I don't feel safe even posting here anymore. This has been my only outlet with things, and now everything I have ever said on here is now out in the open for everyone to see. My anonymous account is now connected to me and I feel violated. I realize that things can be searched here, but I felt safe with not using ANY of my personal information in anything that had to do with me, and in my messages, I felt free to vent and I said things that I really did not want the world to know was connected to me. There was no way for people to know it was me unless it was said in private or if what I said just happened to be connected by some odd coincidence. This sucks and I am so angry. I don't feel safe anywhere.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:33 pm

Can you provide directions to the offending post? What forum and what thread would help. Which member would help a lot.

It seems odd that your first post to this website would be a complaint about a personally offensive post on this website.

sockstock
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2012, 9:41 pm

This is not my first post to this website. I created this account (which has NO information at all about me) because I can no longer trust to use my other one. What happened was not displayed on this site, There is no "offending post." per-se. The posts that have been used against me are mine. Someone, and as I said, I do not know who, has taken everything I have ever posted on here and made them totally public - linking them to my actual identity. That is why I feel betrayed. I feel hurt. There is nothing that anyone can actually do, and I cannot give specifics. I am just angry and hurt, and I am venting.

edit: I will also say again that I *do not know* who did this, If I knew, I would contact Alex and get this solved legally. The truth is that someone here did this and it was not done on the site. It was done in another venu. Everything I have ever said is public record now. It hurts.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:45 pm

So you are just venting, and not actually looking for a solution ...

Good luck with that. I hope things work out for you.

sockstock
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2012, 9:49 pm

Fnord wrote:
So you are just venting, and not actually looking for a solution ...

pretty much. If I thought that there was a solution, I would not be doing it out in public. I don't know who did this in the first place, and I do not want... I cannot say what really happened. I did try to contact Alex about it, but I don't think there is anything that even he can do unless I knew who did it and I don't even know how to start to look.

Quote:
Good luck with that. I hope things work out for you.

If you are not being sarcastic, then thank you.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:57 pm

No, I'm not being sarcastic. I'm just not the best person to handle someone else's "venting". Again, good luck.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:58 pm

Is there any way to get the person who did it to take the thing down? Even if some people already saw it it could minimize damage...

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 10:01 pm

Perhaps Alex may be helpful
I here he knows someone about web stuff
and probably has some experiences or two as well
Revenge is a reflex thing, but lawyers cost weigh too much
C'mon, take a deep breath - ask those that you really trust for some help
perhaps they can see things about the situation in an abstract light, "we're good at that ya know"

sockstock
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2012, 10:10 pm

I will probably talk to Alex. I will admit that I am just being very paranoid right now. I don't know who gave the information... as far as I know, it could have been Alex (although I do admit that it is very unlikely). I am being calmer about it now than earlier. I just want to say things that happened today, but I cannot and I am frustrated. This feels similar to when a friend who you thought you trusted to keep things in confidence goes on the news and talks about you.

As for removing this occurrence, that is now impossible. The best I can hope for is it to be sealed in the records at the end. That's the most I can say about it.

I know this is vague. If you message me, and if I know who you are, I may tell you more, but it probably will not be for a few days - until I work out my paranoia.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 10:16 pm

we'd be interested in knowing the details because it's against the Terms of Service to post stuff offsite like that. feel free to PM a moderator (or alex of course).

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 10:18 pm

sockstock wrote:
as far as I know, it could have been Alex (although I do admit that it is very unlikely).

TRUE
unlikely to the inth

sockstock wrote:
but it probably will not be for a few days - until I work out my paranoia.

Hopefully you will grow through this faster than that!
Go wake up OCD and kick some paranoia butt

sockstock
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2012, 10:25 pm

I will contact someone tomorrow... or tonight?? I don't know. For now, could this topic be locked? I don't want to start to say something that I should not right now. I do thank you all for listening.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 11:55 pm

locked on OP's request