Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 7:23 pm

Just wondering... I can use either hand for many things.

Mithos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 7:28 pm

tall-p wrote:
Just wondering... I can use either hand for many things.
I'm almost all left hand. Even when I hold my controller, I can click the L1 and L2 buttons twice as fast as the R1 and R2 buttons on a PS2 controller...

I remember tapping my head with my right index finger and middle finger and I tapped 10 taps in 2 seconds. I then tapped my head with my left hand... I got 16 taps in 2 seconds.

Your Aspie score: 128 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Venerab1e1
Toucan
Toucan

27 Feb 2012, 7:34 pm

I'm not sure if this makes me ambidextrous but I can only write with my right hand and use silverware with my left.

NobodyKnows
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 7:38 pm

No, but I'd give my right arm to be :)

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 7:50 pm

I'm ambidextrous. I can write with either hand, but almost always write with the right hand. The left hand's handwriting is not as fast as the right hand's, but it is about just as legible. If my right hand is occupied, such as with a phone during a phone call, and I need to write down a name or an address or a number or something, I will just use my left hand. That's how I figured out I could write with my left hand - I was on the phone, needed to write directions down, and did it with my left hand, which my mom noticed and pointed out to me.

I also do several sports and activities left-handed, such as shooting.

My left eye is my dominant eye, though.

Negolin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Feb 2012, 8:26 pm

Venerab1e1 wrote:
I'm not sure if this makes me ambidextrous but I can only write with my right hand and use silverware with my left.

ditto

MusicMama
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2012, 9:25 pm

Atomsk wrote:
I'm ambidextrous. I can write with either hand, but almost always write with the right hand. The left hand's handwriting is not as fast as the right hand's, but it is about just as legible. If my right hand is occupied, such as with a phone during a phone call, and I need to write down a name or an address or a number or something, I will just use my left hand.

My left eye is my dominant eye, though.

That's exactly how I am too. I'm also left-foot dominant and I can easily eat with either hand.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 9:38 pm

I am primarily left handed, but can do many things with the right hand, also, like carry full cups of liquid. That is tricky for a non ambi, but I found myself doing that after I had driven my mother's Plymouth Duster for several months. The shift lever is in the console between the two front seats--on the driver's right hand side, (at least in the USA). I was already somewhat ambi before then, but apparently that opened up the neural pathways for that even more. I started to get startled by noticing that I was carrying full glasses of drinks in my right hand. I then noticed that I was doing more things better with my right hand after that. I still can't write legibly with that hand, but it is nice to be able to do some things with either hand, especially if your dominant hand is busy.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 10:04 pm

Except for writing, I can do pretty much all things with either hand, which comes in handy when I give myself a haircut or switch my mouse hand because my carpal tunnel syndrome is killing me. But at the same time, I'm also quite clumsy and accident-prone :?

Marrshu
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2012, 10:13 pm

Cross-dominant, but years of teaching myself to use my right hand have kinda conditioned me towards that. :?

petitesouris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2012, 12:03 am

I could write with both hands, however it is easier to mirror write with my left hand than to write with it in the same direction as if I were using the other, so I have become more used to using my right hand. Yet, I could also write rather fluently with my left hand in the correct direction if many of the letters are written with the order and direction of pen strokes reversed. Ambidexterity is quite useful for playing intermediate or difficult pieces on the piano, especially for those who are uncoordinated.

Last edited by petitesouris on 28 Feb 2012, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Niniel
Raven
Raven

28 Feb 2012, 12:22 am

I can do most things with both hands, but using my left feels more natural, except for when I am using a computer mouse. I can write with both as well, but it's quicker, and again, feels more natural to use my left, so probably not really ambidextrous.

jcsesecuneta
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Feb 2012, 12:37 am

Left-Handed especially in writing.

I'm like ⅔ left-handed.

Aspie/NT score: 154:41
AQ: 35

The Hæven of John?: http://jcsesecuneta.com
gameshogun?: http://gameshogun.ws

Add Me: https://frndc.com/~jcsesecuneta
Follow Me: http://parlementum.net/jcsesecuneta

Vito
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2012, 12:39 am

My hands are ambidextrous (though I can write only by right hand, because I was taught it that way; several activities I can do only by specific hand but not the other), but regarding my left leg is more dominant that the other.

NeXus_Blueliner
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2012, 7:11 am

I am. I use mostly my left hand to write/draw but am equally as good with my right hand. I play baseball/cricket/golf etc left handed but play darts/snooker/pool right handed. But again can play those last three left handed equally as well. I eat more left handed. And if I touch food then it HAS to be with my left hand, I can't stand the feel of food on my right one :eew: More so left footed but again equally as good with my right when it comes to football (soccer) and things. Probably why I play drums so easily :P

Alohilani
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Feb 2012, 9:09 am

I can do most things with both hands, except for holding chopsticks... I can only do that with my right hand.

Everything else is usually no problem... I have my preferences though... touching things, grabbing things or eating I can only do with my left hand. It feels so strange doing that with my right hand.

My right leg is more dominant though. And my left eye and in my head I see things mirrored.