Girl Scouts Promote Abortion and Homosexuality!! !!

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 11:13 am

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012 ... rian-bosma

Quote:
Indiana lawmaker stands by view of Girl Scouts

Morris calls group a radical organization promoting abortion and homosexuality

Bob Morris isn't backing down.

Despite ridicule even from within his party, the freshman state representative from Indiana is standing by comments labeling Girl Scouts of the USA a radical organization that promotes homosexuality and abortion and is out to destroy American values.

"My family and I took a view and we're sticking by it," the Republican told The Associated Press, adding that his daughters are members of a group for conservative Christian girls. "My girls are no longer Girl Scouts. They're now going to join American Heritage Girls."

Morris said he made his conclusions after talking to constituents and conducting "a small amount of Web-based research." He said the discussion and research led to his conclusions that the Girl Scouts encourage sexual activity, are a front for Planned Parenthood and that Scouts are encouraged to look up to role models who endorse feminist, lesbian and communist agendas.

He also noted a Colorado troop's decision to allow a transgender boy to join.

Morris' comments were made in a letter he circulated among fellow lawmakers that was obtained by the Journal Gazette of Fort Wayne, Ind. The letter explains why Morris refused to add his name to a resolution celebrating the 100th anniversary of the scouting organization. The resolution was passed unanimously by those who voted.

Planned Parenthood has released a statement denying any connection to the scouting group. In a statement, the Girl Scouts of America did not address Morris' individual claims, but said in part: "We believe that leadership is about hearing from all sides of an issue before making up one's mind. We only wish we had the chance to speak with Freshman Representative Morris before he distributed his letter."

Morris' comments are also being dismissed by people within his party, including House Speaker Brian Bosma. The Journal Gazette reported that Bosma spent much of Tuesday handing out Girl Scout cookies to lawmakers.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 11:19 am

Quite the contrast to the Boy Scouts, who don't allow gays to be members or group leaders.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 11:21 am

What I do not see anything wrong other then this politician making a big deal out of nothing. And so what if they want to allow transgender boys...though if I am not mistaking a transgender boy would prefer to be referred to as a girl.

QuelOround
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Feb 2012, 11:39 am

What a nut job

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 12:29 pm

AstroGeek wrote:
Quite the contrast to the Boy Scouts, who don't allow gays to be members or group leaders.

Or atheists, either.

ruveyn

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 1:01 pm

Sometimes, seeing hard-right politicians present their wilder delusions before the public is delicious. Those remarks about the Girl Scouts are a case in point.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 1:12 pm

Why is it, I wonder, that when a Religious person speaks out against organizations for women, it always seems to be an organization that promotes respect, ambition, learning, and achievement among women?

Why do Religious people want to deny these things to women?

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 1:39 pm

And why do these nutjobs link sex education to abortion? Unplanned pregnancy is the direct result of a lack of sex education. If anything can prevent abortions, it is knowledge and the use of contraceptives.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 1:43 pm

Is he for it or against it? Is he upset because they won't let him participate?

Anyway, the girl scouts have featured heavily in winger crosshairs since they accepted a transgender member last month. Now they are on double secret wingnut probation.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 2:08 pm

ruveyn wrote:
AstroGeek wrote:

Or atheists, either.

ruveyn

Yeah, I knew that. But they weren't mentioned in this article. But if they want to be a religious organization then I guess that's their right, although it means that they shouldn't be receiving federal funding.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 4:27 pm

Maybe this chap should jump into the presidential race. A lot of Repugnicans are complaining that the remaining candidates are just too liberal.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 4:36 pm

Quote:
Morris said he made his conclusions after talking to constituents and conducting "a small amount of Web-based research."

Yeah that's totally a well founded basis for his conclusions.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 4:39 pm

I was in the Girl Scouts when I was a kid. I remember making crafts and selling cookies.
I don't recall anyone telling me I should get an abortion some day when I reached puberty.
That would have been really weird. :?

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 4:40 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
I was in the Girl Scouts when I was a kid. I remember making crafts and selling cookies.
I don't recall anyone telling me I should get an abortion some day when I reached puberty.
That would have been really weird. :?
Selling cookies? So much for advancing a communist agenda :lol:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 5:11 pm

AstroGeek wrote:
Yeah, I knew that. But they weren't mentioned in this article. But if they want to be a religious organization then I guess that's their right, although it means that they shouldn't be receiving federal funding.

What federal funding does The Boy Scouts of America Inc. receive?

Please document your claim.

ruveyn

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 5:19 pm

ruveyn wrote:
AstroGeek wrote:

What federal funding does The Boy Scouts of America Inc. receive?

Please document your claim.

ruveyn

Quote:
The National Scout jamboree is a large gathering of Scouts held once every four years. ... The U.S. military has supported all 16 national Scout jamborees since 1937. ... About 1,500 troops and DOD contractors are involved during the four weeks of a national jamboree operation. About half of them are involved in military training operations and half are involved in military public relations activities oriented towards the participants and visitors. Total Defense Department funding for these training and public relations activities averages $8 million per jamboree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winkler_v._Rumsfeld