Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 5:41 pm

I am a fan of sports bras because the straps don't go loose and dangle annoyingly on my arms. My mum and nana always tell me sports bras do nothing for me (I have reasonably sized boobs and sports bras squash them) but I don't mind the effect or lack there-of.

Aspiestar924
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Apr 2012, 7:47 pm

I only wear bras without underwire- wire feels like I'm in the iron maiden or something lol.

That might be an option, you could look at cropped vest tops, that was the pre-teen style of bra I wore nearly a decade ago now. Another option is I have seen plastic 'body stickers bras' that consist of a sticker to make the nipple less visible and little support bands for under the breasts. Would that be any good?

Your Aspie score: 193 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 43 of 200

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 11:06 pm

Compression Shirts! They're so much more comfortable and so much nicer and you don't have to wear a bra with them and they do deep pressure and they're just better in every way

This is my newest discovery for clothing for sensitive people.

elegantmess
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Apr 2012, 10:53 am

I have some sensory issues with bras, namely, that I can't afford ones that actually fit. I'm a rather large person (38 D-DD, depending on maker) and the truly comfy ones never seem to be in my size or in a price range I can handle.

I also have issues with tight t-shirts and long, tight sleeves, as well as bracelets and watch bands. I can tolerate a tight t-shirt, provided it's long enough (I hate my belly showing), but unless it's so cold I won't be forever trying to push my sleeves up, I refuse to wear long, close sleeves.

PaigeTurner
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2012, 8:55 am

The spanx "bra-le-lujia" is very comfortable. Also hate bras.

coconapple

25 Apr 2012, 3:23 pm

Try wearing camisoles.

I hated bras, plus they always turned my breasts into weird triangular shapes, not to mention made them really droopy.

I gave up on bras and started using camisoles, now my breasts are always perky and round.
Make sure the camisole isn't supportive. I buy stretch silky ones and wear the on the wrong side so the silky side touches my skin. I actually do that with panties too... I buy silky ones and wear them on the wrong side so the smooth side touches my skin.

You want your breasts to be free so they can be their natural shape and so they learn to stay perky without support.

It might take a few days, but if you avoid wearing bras, and use only a non-supportive camisole, your breasts will learn to stay up on their own.

Sometimes I'd wear a bra in the summer or for special occasions, and noticed right away that they became triangular and droopy again.

In winter I wear my camisole, one long sleeved cotton shirt, and sometimes a tight cotton tee over the long sleeved shirt. No one has made any comments.

In the summer, I forgo my camisole and wear two spaghetti strap tops.
If I'm wearing a T-shirt then it's just that and the camisole.

If you're really scared of people noticing nipples, then wear dark colors.

But for me, people haven't noticed. And I'm not small. If my friends/family had noticed, you can be sure they would have made such a huge joke about it, they're those kind of people >_>

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2012, 3:43 pm

NEITHER do I. I HATE it so much. I can only wear bras without an underwire now. I have to wear really supportive sports bras because my breasts are heavy. For you, I'd suggest something really, really light. There are plenty of wireless bras that are super soft or that you can flip inside-out. I can't even stand seams in the bras, so I do exactly that. I've seen a lot advertised on television and tons in Walmart. You won't have as many issues with support if you can already get away without wearing one. Just look around for thinner sports bras without a wire.

joeyfarlz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2012, 5:44 pm

I have problems with bras that have an underwire, but without an underwire if you're not paying attention you run the risk of putting it on inside out and then you have the flap by the hooks that irritates.

Also, I can't cope with tags in the back of clothing at the top, for t-shirts, blouses, jumpers, underwear, trousers, skirts, the tags in bras. The tags however at the side of blouses and t-shirts closer to the bottom, where the waist is, dont irritate me for some odd reason. The tags only start to irritate when they've been washed many times and the seem to go stiff around the edges, and its then that they get cut out or when I'm wearing the top, sometimes I'll get so agitated, that I'll just reach up and pull the tag out, but that inevitably leaves holes in my tops and my family cant seem to resist the urge to poke their fingers through the holes and tickle me, which is unbearable as well.

Also finding that a bra is just slightly too tight really hurts and I cant stand stray pieces of cotton from when my clothes start to fray or loose hair. My hair must be perfectly brushed and put up because I moult and then my hair falls down onto my skin or even down my top and down my bra and it itches no end and fluff does the same.

While I'm not allergic to washing powder, I can't use it, because I can never tell how much to use and always end up putting too much in and then it never dissolves properly and when I wear the clothes, s.ome powder gets stuck on my skin leaving me scratching for hours so I can only use the liquid or the liquid-capsules. Scratching is not a good thing for me to do, because I don't feel how hard I'm scratching until I've broken the skin and it's stinging and people are asking why I'm bleeding. They never do seem to get the response of "I was itchy, so I scratched", I always get a response of, "You scratched an itch and now you're bleeding?"

ooo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2012, 5:27 am

Dresses plus light blouse on top
Sleeveless shirt with blouse on top
Tank top under shirt
etc.

All makes it less obvious, especially in an.. um... cold office.

Senath
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2012, 9:46 pm

I take issue with clothing. I take issue with having breasts. They suck. They sag. They irritate, pester, and aggravate me. I have a big problem with finding clothes that fit me well. Having an irregular (although I've been told very curvy, an attribute in women) body shape doesn't help.

I only have 2 bras that I find to be adequate. I absolutely must have no jiggling or sagging or cutting into my skin or fitting in any way that could possibly put uncomfortable pressure on any part of me. My favorite is the Elle Mcpherson Dentelle Contour Bra, but I'm very petite and an irregularly sized size 30 B (I have to use 32 B because they don't carry my size, but it fits tight enough nonetheless).

I wish I had the answers to bra-wearing, but I find myself continuously frustrated by bras. I dislike not wearing a bra because of the sagging and them touching my lower chest and getting sweaty, but I can't stand having them totally covered up. I have to have a balconette/demi-cup/shelf bra.

Senath
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2012, 9:56 pm

I also hate trying to buy pants because they only seem to make pants for 3 different body types, and I'm going to take a wild guess that there are more than 3 different body types out there. It makes me feel fussy and picky, but it's a really big issue for me.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2012, 10:46 pm

Personally I need restrictive so wear under-wired lightly padded bras and tight vests under my clothing.

How about something like an ahh bra?
Or are they too much like a sports bra? Otherwise you might get on better with something like the vests I wear - they're the tummy smoothing type vests, they do give breast support like a sports bra but as they're a vest you may be able to get on better with them as they don't feel much different to a normal vest top - just be sure to get one in your size or one size up so they don't feel too restrictive for you. Quite a lot of more normal vests seem to have built-in support like bras these days, so maybe it's just a case of watching out for these.

How about stick-on bras?
You have either the things that are like stickers (these) which give a little support and can hide the nipple, or the full blown stick-on bra (these). I personally couldn't abide stick-on bras, but it's a suggestion.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

elegantmess
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Jun 2012, 4:07 pm

coconapple wrote:
Try wearing camisoles.

I hated bras, plus they always turned my breasts into weird triangular shapes, not to mention made them really droopy.

I gave up on bras and started using camisoles, now my breasts are always perky and round.
Make sure the camisole isn't supportive. I buy stretch silky ones and wear the on the wrong side so the silky side touches my skin. I actually do that with panties too... I buy silky ones and wear them on the wrong side so the smooth side touches my skin.

You want your breasts to be free so they can be their natural shape and so they learn to stay perky without support.

It might take a few days, but if you avoid wearing bras, and use only a non-supportive camisole, your breasts will learn to stay up on their own.

Sometimes I'd wear a bra in the summer or for special occasions, and noticed right away that they became triangular and droopy again.

In winter I wear my camisole, one long sleeved cotton shirt, and sometimes a tight cotton tee over the long sleeved shirt. No one has made any comments.

In the summer, I forgo my camisole and wear two spaghetti strap tops.
If I'm wearing a T-shirt then it's just that and the camisole.

If you're really scared of people noticing nipples, then wear dark colors.

But for me, people haven't noticed. And I'm not small. If my friends/family had noticed, you can be sure they would have made such a huge joke about it, they're those kind of people >_>

Sadly, camisoles don't give the support I need. Unless I'm lying down, I get terrible backaches when I don't wear a bra.

ButterflyLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jun 2012, 10:09 pm

after reading this site http://www.antibra.com/ i only wear a bra once a week, Sunday to church, and that's it. the one time a week i wear it, i wear one of those shirts with a built in bra. it's the only one i can stand for the longest.

You are very likely an Aspie

Senath
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jun 2012, 8:33 am

I get grief from my boyfriend all the time telling me that my boobs are going to sag because I've been going bra-less more often lately, so I'll do some more research into those cancer/lymph correlations.

I finally asked him if my boobs really looked that bad when I didn't wear a bra (I have a hard time knowing what I look like to others), and he said they looked just fine, he just doesn't want them to get saggy for as long as possible :roll:

ButterflyLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jun 2012, 12:34 pm

Senath wrote:
I get grief from my boyfriend all the time telling me that my boobs are going to sag because I've been going bra-less more often lately, so I'll do some more research into those cancer/lymph correlations.

I finally asked him if my boobs really looked that bad when I didn't wear a bra (I have a hard time knowing what I look like to others), and he said they looked just fine, he just doesn't want them to get saggy for as long as possible :roll:

since i have been going braless i have actually noticed that mine are perkier then they once were when i was wearing a bra every day AND unless it's cold you really can't notice the nipples. i do have people look at them wiggle from time to time but i just ignore them because i am comfortable and i don't care what they think. I would much rather be comfortable then "socially accepted".

You are very likely an Aspie