Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 5:43 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erU4bKRJvA8[/youtube]

Since I put up my sons memorial to his girlfriend I thought Id put this one up here too. This was really hard to make, not only emotionally but after it was finished I was told because of the new laws it would not be show in the US. So I found a song that was not on the charts and I put it with a song that was graciously given to me by a friend who has the most amazing voice. The song is called It Makes Me Hold Your Hand and her name is Ruby Friedman. Her voice is awesome, she and her "Orchestra"....they are called Ruby Friedman Orchestra are huge in LA. They did a UK tour not long ago and their song "shooting star" was on the beginning of America's Got Talent last year. I am so honored that she let me use her song. I wanted it played in the US as everyone who knows and loves my son besides me is in the US and I also wanted to help other addicts and families as you will see at the end. Feel free to pass this around and hold tight to your kids and never give up on them no matter what!

Arman_Khodaei
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Mar 2012, 5:52 pm

:( I'm sorry about your lose.

I have a daily blog that discusses my experiences on the autism spectrum, and a daily YouTube series to compliment it. Please check them out. I also have a podcast that is updated weekly including an Al

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 6:12 pm

Oh, liloleme, so sad and so moving.

I can only begin to imagine your pain. Our babies are so beautiful so precious, but we can only hold them and care for them for such a short time. I cry whenever I watch your videos.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 11:11 pm

I'm sorry about the loss of your son.

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Mar 2012, 12:06 am

liloleme wrote:
I was told because of the new laws it would not be show in the US.

I am curious, which law?

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 6:37 am

Its new copy write laws in the US. Even if you purchase the song from iTunes, if they are popular songs they will not be shown in the US because the record label wants you to pay to hear their song which is inane because you can watch the artists videos online on youtube, for free and thats ok, what is the difference?....basically they are hoping people will pay a few thousand dollars for a copy write....good luck on that one.
Any other country could have seen my first video but the US....I used "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" by Roberta Flack and Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton....I think they have a list of certain songs that have been higher on the charts and block them.

When I wrote to youtube I got a very nasty, grouch letter back telling me that just because I purchased the song on iTunes that it did not belong to me and if I wanted to use it I would have to shell out thousands of dollars....at first I was kind of upset but then I realized, and my husband reminded me, its not youtube that is doing this and this could potentially hurt them which is probably why they are pissy, plus they have probably gotten a lot of emails. I wrote back and told them I was sorry about it. They sent me to this site that I could find music....half the people on there could not sing so I asked my friend Ruby and the first song I used I found on youtube on someone elses video....I figured if they could use it, I would be ok using it.

Thank you again everyone for your kind words. I did not get to attend my sons memorial because it was in California and I am in France and I am very ill and would not be able to handle the flight....its why I make the videos, it helps me. Im off to the special hospital tomorrow night for two weeks.....I am very stressed, scared, worried about my kids. I got them little presents for every day and I made Maddy a social story on her special social story iPad app.....Im still scared. Ive never been to this hospital. At least the other hospital Ive been there several times so its more comfortable to me. Also the hospital here in town is only a few blocks from my house, this hospital is in Lyon and I will be about 30 minutes away from my babies :(

Does anyone think I should post this on the Bi Polar and other Mental health issues part of the board?

MMJMOM
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 7:20 am

you son is beautiful...thanks for sharing him with us. I am so sorry for your loss.

M-, who would be 6 1/2, my forever angel baby
E- 1 year old!! !

aann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Mar 2012, 10:09 pm

This is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for your work on this for us. It is very moving. I pray your treatment is successful at the hospital.

claudia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Mar 2012, 4:39 pm

I'm not good with words but I want to say you are a grat mom