Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 5:55 am

fraac wrote:
I strongly recommend altered perspectives to infovores. You can feel like an NT with oxytocin.

Don't you mean, Oxycontin? :wink:

I'm too scared to do drugs. I'm currently looking for a job and too many of these places drug test. And I just know my conspicuous black self would get caught by the police the first time I tried to buy drugs off someone.

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2012, 6:04 am

pensieve wrote:
Actually during exercise I stim like crazy.

Like me when I am playing video-games, although I try not to (and generally fail) do it when others are in room...

AQ: 36

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2012, 6:09 am

Taybot97 wrote:
I assume it would be when you feel normal and feel you fit in. I can say I have felt it before but very rarely. The only time I can recall and maybe the only time ever is when I was playing football with some friends (not soccer) and one day I was on fire,caught every ball and made multiple touchdowns. Being the best at a sports activity I felt normal but that is probably the only time.

I read that literally...

AQ: 36

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 6:14 am

nirrti_rachelle wrote:
Don't you mean, Oxycontin? :wink:

No. That one is a painkiller.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxytocin

They gave me some when I was in labor but I didn't notice any difference.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 7:29 am

fraac wrote:
I strongly recommend altered perspectives to infovores. You can feel like an NT with oxytocin. You can get insight into just about anyone with the right drugs and mindset, in my experience.

I've found out a lot about myself on certain substances. Sometimes you see yourself who you really are, like all of your protective layers are peeled down and your true self is real, raw and right there. Also, I also become really empathic when high as well and I like to feel that because I usually don't feel as empathic when I'm sober. Also, sometimes when you're high you think about creative ideas that you would have never thought of before. You just have to be cautious and stay away from addiction, it's a risk you have to take. I say to each their own, I don't judge people whether they decide to take drugs or not as long as the party isn't forcing their opinion into each others throats.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 1:04 pm

I often have moments where I feel like an NT. I get these when there is somebody else behaving unusual and drawing negative attention to themselves and being looked at and laughed at. I know this sounds mean (and I'm not normally this mean), but I can kind of feel like everybody else and feel glad that I'm not the one acting up this time.

I usually get myself all het up and angry when my routine has changed, but once my aunt actually got herself into a state when a routine was changed what rightfully would of made me all upset at that moment. She started shouting and swearing and kicking things and threatened to storm home, and I actually grinned to myself, and felt rather ''normal'', because it felt like somebody else was having an outburst for me. My aunt does suffer with depression and I think she has some traits of AS (but not enough to get an official diagnosis), but I have never seen her (or anybody else) react to routine change this way, and usually it's me who is being the awkward grouch, but this time somebody else was, and something in me didn't want me to react to the situation too. I actually got up and calmed her down, saying, ''it's all right, these things happen.''

So what I need is another Aspie around to react to things. Maybe I'm just crying out for somebody to give me a taste of my own medicane and see how it's like to watch somebody else having an outburst over things what people wouldn't normally have outbursts over.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 1:45 pm

Rax wrote:
(Facepalm) WHY IS EVERYONE GETTING HIGH!

Aren't Aspies suppose to be smart?

(angry mumbling.)

Many reasons, and what does getting high have to do with level of intelligence? People of many different levels of intelligence get high that is just a fact of life.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 2:08 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I often have moments where I feel like an NT. I get these when there is somebody else behaving unusual and drawing negative attention to themselves and being looked at and laughed at. I know this sounds mean (and I'm not normally this mean), but I can kind of feel like everybody else and feel glad that I'm not the one acting up this time.

I usually get myself all het up and angry when my routine has changed, but once my aunt actually got herself into a state when a routine was changed what rightfully would of made me all upset at that moment. She started shouting and swearing and kicking things and threatened to storm home, and I actually grinned to myself, and felt rather ''normal'', because it felt like somebody else was having an outburst for me. My aunt does suffer with depression and I think she has some traits of AS (but not enough to get an official diagnosis), but I have never seen her (or anybody else) react to routine change this way, and usually it's me who is being the awkward grouch, but this time somebody else was, and something in me didn't want me to react to the situation too. I actually got up and calmed her down, saying, ''it's all right, these things happen.''

So what I need is another Aspie around to react to things. Maybe I'm just crying out for somebody to give me a taste of my own medicane and see how it's like to watch somebody else having an outburst over things what people wouldn't normally have outbursts over.

That's true, I must agree with you. I do feel neurotypical when somebody else is put in the spotlight for getting in trouble or getting negative attention.

Chris71
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jun 2012, 6:48 am

"NT moments", well I do get them...
- I usually don't have any problems with sudden changes in routine or changes in plan
- I usually don't get overwhelmed in noisy bars, crowded airports
- I usually don't get anxious when driving, even in various busy cities like London, NYC, Amsterdam, Athens (but I do get stressed out about other idiot drivers, and shout at them).
- I do sense what a person is feeling, even when their spoken words try to suggest otherwise.. and I'm usually right.

but then we are all different aren't we.
Sometimes I wonder why I score so high 43/50 on the AQ test.

I must have multiple-personality disorder ; one NT and the other Aspie.

Pipilo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jun 2012, 9:02 am

Every couple of months I seem to have an NT day, like my NT part of my brain switches on for a brief bit. I don't know if it is literally (neurologically) an NT moment or not, but those days are extremely useful. Suddenly, I feel able to tackle filing projects, do some tax stuff, shop, catch up on phone calls, deal with my insurance, etc. I used to wake up on those mornings and think "Wow, I'm normal now!" and feel surprised and sort of upset when the day passed and I was back to my usual self. Now I just take advantage of those days to deal with all of my necessary NT world tasks and to touch base with friends, before I get back to my usual, very quiet world.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 9:09 am

I always feel more NT when somebody else (whatever neurology) is behaving in a more unusual/inappropriate way than what I'm doing, because for once I am not in the spotlight and I'm not the one making everyone feel miserable, and for once I'm sitting there feeling good and innocent, and normal. And when I feel that way, I can empathise even more better than I generally can with other people, and also sympathise much better too. When it's always me doing all the unusual or inappropriate behaviour all the time, I miss out on what I look like and appear to other people. When I experience somebody else behaving unusually or inappropriately, I can actually see what it looks like. Even when my mum and dad argue, or used to argue, I often felt a twinge of glee and innocence rush through me (unless it was about me obviously), but nobody likes seeing their parents argue and I didn't much but it still made me behave better, if you know what I mean.

reecare

11 Jun 2012, 10:04 am

Rax wrote:
(Facepalm) WHY IS EVERYONE GETTING HIGH!

Aren't Aspies suppose to be smart?

(angry mumbling.)

Carl Sagan was a smoker. Don't hate, appreciate.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 10:33 am

I used to get a thing where I'd do a few clever social things, and I'd think "wow, I think I'm cured!" Even before my diagnosis I had a feeling of being a social flop, and I would get that "curebie" feeling whenever I was on a winning roll.

Also I have a weird theory that there's a NT cable or two in my brain that manages occasionally to carry a current. But I'm probably just seeing the effects of randomness. Socially, you win a few, you lose a few. Nor do I know how it feels to be a NT.