Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 11:11 am

This is probably just a random idea but I was wandering if there is a link between losing teeth late and having autism. Kind of how generally if you are autistic than you look younger. The reason I thought of this is that I am just starting to get my wisdom teeth and most people had them pulled a year or 2 ago that are my age.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 11:27 am

I supposedly don't have any wisdom teeth. My teeth were pretty screwed up when I was younger. I was always behind other children developmentally. I didn't lose my first tooth until I was 7 years old. By the time I was 17 years old and ready to get braces I had to get 4 milk teeth pulled because there were no permanent teeth underneath them and then I got elastics to close up the gaps.

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 11:28 am

Wisdom teeth can come through at any age for anyone. My dentist once told me she'd had a patient who's wisdom teeth didn't come through till their 70's. Mine didn't come through till my late 20's and one of them has never appeared.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 11:30 am

Nah, I don't think so. I think I lost my last tooth when I was 10. As for wisdom teeth, I got them removed before they came in.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 11:40 am

nemorosa wrote:
Wisdom teeth can come through at any age for anyone. My dentist once told me she'd had a patient who's wisdom teeth didn't come through till their 70's. Mine didn't come through till my late 20's and one of them has never appeared.

Okay, I got all my other teeth late too, I lost my first tooth after I was 7 when most people lost them when they were 5 or 6.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 12:37 pm

Quite the opposite. A dentist told me my dental growth was "precocious" when I was in preschool, because I lost my first tooth when I was four. I lost my last baby tooth at age 10. My 12-year molars started growing when I was 10. I got my wisdom teeth removed just after my 16th birthday.

Nash: Is there a difference?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 12:39 pm

Oh, another one of those random ''is this autism-related?'' things. Autism does not affect what age you lose your teeth. Your teeth have got nothing to do with how your brain is wired. All children are different. I started losing my teeth at age 4.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 12:41 pm

Actually, I had all of my adult teeth by the age of 11. I had buck teeth though so I got braces.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 1:50 pm

I had my first loose tooth when I was five and lost the other front teeth when I was six. Then I didn't lose anymore until I was nine and ten and I remember having a loose tooth in 6th grade. I still have two of my baby teeth and my wisdom teeth didn't start coming in until I was 22 (and that one still hasn't come in all the way so a little part of it is still under the gums) and the other never popped in all the way and the other two haven't gone through yet.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 2:05 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Oh, another one of those random ''is this autism-related?'' things. Autism does not affect what age you lose your teeth. Your teeth have got nothing to do with how your brain is wired. All children are different. I started losing my teeth at age 4.

I said that I thought it was random in the first place. So I do not see how most of your comment was helpful

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 2:08 pm

i dont whats considered late but i remember loosing 2 teeth (naturally) in 7th grade. and in 7th if it was 7th grade i had to be either 12 going on 13 or 13. Is that considered late?

editactually i realized in 7th grade i would have either 11 going on 12 or 12 i turned 13 in 8th grade not 7th

Last edited by Ravenclawgurl on 15 Mar 2012, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 3:00 pm

I wish people would use ages instead of grades. These "grades" mean nothing to many people outside of the US.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 3:24 pm

nemorosa wrote:
I wish people would use ages instead of grades. These "grades" mean nothing to many people outside of the US.

Ravenclawgurl did give an age - she said she was around 12 or 13.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 3:36 pm

I only have one wisdom tooth. I'm either yet still to cut the others, or I don't have them in first place (some people don't have a full set of teeth - and my mouth is small). I lost most of my baby teeth a bit late, about a year late for most of them. I lost my last baby tooth at 15 - so that one was very tardy. :lol:

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 4:16 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
nemorosa wrote:

Ravenclawgurl did give an age - she said she was around 12 or 13.

It was a general observation on many, many, many, many, yawn, many, many posts around here. You notice I didn't mention any names right?

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 4:18 pm

Only 28 adult teeth grew in, 2 were pulled for orthodontics, so I have 26. I never got any wisdom teeth. My 6yr old has 8 adult teeth now. She lost her first baby one when she was 4 1/2.