Article in times today: teachers discouraging best friends

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 11:58 am

You know I wish someone will come in & start slapping these people with a "large fish" until you knock some common sense into them. Really wish someone would open they eyes to this.

Kinda like the road changes in stockton. Really badly designed, recently made changes. Meant to cause less accidents & make better traffic flow & who ever bright spark idea it was to stick traffic lights on a roundabout needs also to be slapped with a "large fish". Before roundabout yes, get rid of the roundabout. But you don't stick the lights on the roundabout, blocking exits off with traffic.

Just like Health & safety totaly gone mad.

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

Last edited by TechnoDog on 18 Mar 2012, 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 12:04 pm

How ridiculous.

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 12:25 pm

You know more I think, more they do things like this. The more "Home Schooling" is going to increase.

So bias against introverts? or just think it's a good idea?

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 2:15 pm

Kids shouldn't be discouraged to play with anyone, they should encouraged to play with different children.

That's the way to support inclusion and fight against exclusion of people for silly reasons such as disability, heritage, nationality, believes or social status.

Not to tell them that they should pretend to be friendly and spend time with someone they think is stupid and a waste of space but to point out how no one is a waste of space, that everybody has their talents and that, ohmygosh, you really, truly can enjoy your time in the presence of someone who's a little different from you!

You just don't encourage kids to play with the "odd kids" with their intellectual disability, their autism, their unfamiliar religion, their extreme accent or the early growth spurt by telling them they can't spend their break playing with their best friend having fun together.

You encourage them (not force and threaten them) to include the "officially odd kid" into their group for today to have fun together, then keep an eye on them or check on them later.

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 2:25 pm

With someone like me, who had one single friend whom I was friends with for years. Even in my twenties now, they helped me through my hard times in middle school I think this is a b.s. policy. Because if I was discouraged to having a best friend, then I would have had no friends at all. But now my friend has moved away and we haven't spoken in a while. But they were the ones who saved me from myself. They kept me from being lonely with no friends too. One friend sometimes is always better than no friends and one friend is always better than multiple friends.

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 3:18 pm

Joe90 wrote:
At High School I was very shy, and the teachers knew that. Then when I got friendly with another girl in my Art classes who was also very shy, the teacher used to split us up if we talked, and we were made to sit with people who we didn't know and they didn't want to know us. It wasn't fair.

But I remember once when the art teacher was absent and we had another teacher, everybody was talking and didn't do their work, but me and my friend sat together and talked all the way through to eachother too, but got all our work done aswell.

That is totally wrong. Teachers like that need help.