Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

smen
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Mar 2012, 6:11 pm

I am going to break....I'm breaking right now.....I have been reaching out for help and support on here because I do not have friends and my family would just have me locked up again. The past few weeks everything has been making me cry. I need to escape and i don't know how.

fobfan123
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Mar 2012, 8:10 pm

yeah I'm totally feeling like that, but like someone else said I have a few online friends that I can chat with if I get too bored or stuff. hang in there! have you tried reading something, even if you don't like books you can a read a magazine, or the onion news (fake news) and it may give you a laugh and help put ur mind onto something else.

smen
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Mar 2012, 8:13 pm

thanks but books are not a long term solution. and after 25 years, they are not a solution at all. my problem is not that I am bored or have nothing to do. It is that i am lonely and alone and lack the social skills to adequately do anything about it due to a lifelong syndrome that will never go away.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 6:43 am

i prefer having 1-2 close friends rather then a group
i cant fit in any group and conversation in groups go faster which i cant pick up
if someone sits and talks with me or share their thoughts then i find it relaxing
but too many people, loud noise, trying to keep a conversation going is stressful

SteveBorg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Mar 2012, 7:00 am

I'm at a disadvantage in this topic, because I'm an NT. But I did want to point you to someone who is an Aspie and who's got a positive take on making friends. Brian King.
Here's a recent blog post he wrote on this topic: I hope it helps: http://spectrummentor.com/profiles/blog ... ng-friends

Zexion
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Mar 2012, 11:14 am

Mayel wrote:
Zexion wrote:
Do you daydream and listen to music while you're walking? Why do you walk 2 hours a day?

Although this question wasn't directed towards me....I do that, too. Not 2 hours though. 1 hour is enough. I listen to music while walking. And I do that because this is the time when I can introspectively think about myself, my life, my feelings, but also the environment surrounding me, other people, what they think, how they might feel, philosophical and exestential stuff, encounters, the past, future and present...etc. Usually I'm busy doing things (related to my interests) so walking outside is the only time of the day I am really looking deeply into myself and others. It's the time I use to process everything I've gathered so far concerning the social realities of life. Music shields me from outside interference to this internal processing.

Anyway, 18 is not getting old. You still have plenty of time. If you go out into the world,...maybe do some "extracurricular activities", recreational activities, people may approach you. You never know. There's no point in giving up hope so early in life.

I asked because listening to music while pacing or walking is a sign of "Maladaptive Daydreaming Disorder" (which I have).

The only thing I do during my free time besides sitting infront of the computer is going running at least 4 times a week. I love running, I've been doing that for almost 3 years now, but the problem is that I'm always doing it in on my own. I don't get to know anyone while running in the woods. I did try some sports clubs as a kid (takewondo, tennis, football) and I always eventually left because I embarassed myself during the lessons and I was an outsider there as well.

TB wrote:
The problem is that i need to connect to people on a deeper level. Just talking about random gossip or the weather is not fulfilling this need i have.
Yeah, I feel the same. I find it hard to think of something interesting to talk about. I do have special interests but noone else would be interested in those.

TB wrote:
Basically going into hermit mode.
Going into hermit mode is just not the solution... I am tired of always going into hermit mode.

SteveBorg wrote:
I'm at a disadvantage in this topic, because I'm an NT. But I did want to point you to someone who is an Aspie and who's got a positive take on making friends. Brian King.
Here's a recent blog post he wrote on this topic: I hope it helps: http://spectrummentor.com/profiles/blog ... ng-friends
Thanks for that link. I'll check it out.

starimmanuel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Mar 2012, 2:49 pm

i always feel such a outcast when im outside the house i never just seem to click with people :( :oops: :oops: :oops:

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 8:06 pm

Yes I do often feel lonely since I am single and Sunday is the worst day for me. It seems to help that I attend group activities with people who I have a common interest. For example, going to Meet Up Groups. Some meet up groups I connect better with than others.
;)

lilbetta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2012, 12:37 pm

i recent ly got this same feeling of lonliness but they just amped up my depression meds and this week has been a drstic difference from the last few months... yay. i still feel lonely especially when meds wear off but it is not as bad so far its much better.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 5:36 pm

I think loneliness has a lot to do with purpose and meaning in our lives. For myself I can safely say I have not one person in the world who truly cares for me or values my existence. That's why i feel lonely, as having a meaningful existence will lead to me being valued by others. I suppose having a true purpose (which generally tends to involve others) makes one feel in someway part of society. When you have very restrictive, individually based dreams and aspirations it tends to lead to loneliness in my opinion. I'm not saying that anyone whose lonely is hated by everyone else, or is a completely void of ambition, but if we tend to let very little in to our own individual world, we limit our chances of forming part of something beyond ourselves.

Nerdyimperator
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Apr 2012, 11:32 am

I feel the same, pretty much all of my friends (NT's all!) are either forming romantic relationships or moving away leaving me feeling isolated and very much alone. Hopefully I can change that soon. :roll:

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 6:29 am

I feel socially satisfied because I'm around 4+ days a week with my boyfriend. But besides him (who used to be a friend) there isn't anyone. I do think that's unhealthy, but I'm clueless on how to fix that.