I found a surefire way to get harrassed by the cops...

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

25 Mar 2012, 11:16 am

Interesting how people act these days, even when they're "servicing the community."

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 11:29 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Interesting how people act these days, even when they're "servicing the community."

i do not know if you are making a sophisticated joke.

"servicing" is a word that is used to describe pedigree males that impregnate viable females (usually horses), and as such, it can also be used to mean (in your context) that they are "screwing" the community

GHB
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Mar 2012, 11:43 am

Im kind of surprised my fellow aspies would do this to their police officers. Kinda reminds me of NT behavior twards Aspies. They are people just like us and they do make mistakes. I usually try to set the stage by being very polite and have never had a bad experience.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 11:54 am

GHB wrote:
Im kind of surprised my fellow aspies would do this to their police officers. Kinda reminds me of NT behavior twards Aspies. They are people just like us and they do make mistakes. I usually try to set the stage by being very polite and have never had a bad experience.

i have ODD as well as AS.

sorry if i deflower the purity of AS.

and i do not like the term "fellow aspies" .

i am not like anyone else including you. but i am AS. sorry again.

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 12:14 pm

shrox, a relative of mine use to chew tobacco; & while driving in his car he would expectorate into a root beer bottle. A cop pulled him over, and my relative asked if he wanted to smell the contents, after the cop didn't believe him as to what was in there. Kind of payback I guess.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 12:26 pm

Where I live riding a bicycle without a headlight on at night sure is. I got pulled over a few times for that one time I was pulled over without a headlight and the officer was frisking me and asking me if I have drugs weapons or outstanding warrants. He then ran my ID and everything came out clean he seamed fairly frustrated knowing he had to let me go he told me there are only two people who ride bicycles kids and parolees lol. What a narrow minded fool that officer was.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 2:05 pm

I've got another story about paranoid police harassing me. This one involved one of those female cops with a chip on her shoulder and something to prove. It's a little long, but funny/depressing enough to be worth the read.

In my late teens, I was driving home from a 24-hour Starbucks at around two in the morning. Young, male, driving at this hour – perfect cop bait. Sure enough, I get pulled over.

The street I was on was partially under construction, and there was only one usable lane. I couldn't pull over without backing up the traffic behind me, so I put my blinker on and waited for the next intersection, turned and pulled over there.

Officer Chip comes over and starts shining a flashlight in my face, just like as*hole cops do in bad action movies. She asks for my licence, insurance, etc, and I give it to her.

She asks (in a nasty tone – a tone which she will never abandon throughout this little visit) why I didn't immediately pull over. I explained the situation with the construction. She clearly wanted to take that further, but saw that I was right.

She asks where I'm headed. I say home. She gets all excited because she thinks she caught me in a lie, and that she's going to get an easy arrest tonight. She's looking at my licence, sees my address, and notices that my car is pointed in a different direction. She says something along the lines of, "So if your house is that way, why is your car pointed this way?"

I wanted to call her the dumbest goddamned person I've ever encountered, but I politely explained that my car was pointed this way because I had to turn because of the construction, which I already explained. She pulls the "don't get smart with me" indignation routine, but she knows she's hit another dead end here.

She just stands there saying nothing, clearly searching the tiny walnut in her skull for something, anything, any reason to get me into some kind of trouble. She looks down at my seatbelt. I'm wearing it. Damn! There's gotta be something, right? I mean, I'm a young male driving around at 2AM. I'm surprised she didn't call in the drug team with the sniffing dog or something. But no. She knows she's beaten.

She walks around my car, looking for any defect. A brake light that's out? A tire that's not properly inflated? Nothing. But... OH! Hallelujah! One of my licence plate lights is out. You know, those tiny little lights that illuminate your licence plate. How the hell would a driver ever know that one of them was out? Why would any cop ever give someone a ticket for this?

Answer: Because they're f**king as*holes just itching for a reason to give someone a ticket. So I got a ticket for letting a licence plate light go out, which, to this day, is the most ridiculous ticket I've ever received.

The cop let me go home, and I assume she went on to harass many other people that night, before going home to masturbate to episodes of Cops.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 5:43 pm

I've been lucky to not get harassed by the cops much. The worst I ever got was one asking to look in my Nintendo DS case and they left me alone when they saw a DS in there.

It does kind of worry me because if they do bother me I don't have any id except one that has been expired for many years and I don't always carry it with me.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 6:23 pm

I once got arrested for shopping. I was looking in second hand stores and some store owner thought I took a video tape and called the police.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

26 Mar 2012, 1:04 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I once got arrested for shopping. I was looking in second hand stores and some store owner thought I took a video tape and called the police.
hahaha. sorry for laughing, i'm more or less laughing at the situation.

Cops are the biggest f-cktards i've ever run into outside. when I lived in flagstaff, they'd harrass me all the time, Once i got pulled over for not walking on the sidewalk! (I was walking in the gutter next to the sidewalk) it wasnt a busy street, but a side street and holy sh-t here come the cops. and i hardly ever carry my ID, so once i gave them my social security # and it came back negative for any warrants they let me go. but during the whole conversation i was nervous and studdering because Cops or any authority figure make me nervous as all hell.

another time i crossed train tracks and some :pig: was hiding out in the corner and stopped me for going across the train tracks. (the only reason i did that is because it was a shortcut I knew how to get to my house fatser.) and plus I had a baskettball in my hands so he went through all the obviously dumb f*****g questions cops ask, Like, "Where have you been?" are you serious? i have a baskettball in my hands. So basically he let me go but gave me directions on how to get to my house and told me to go that way, and stood there and watched me go that way from across the train tracks. (you could see the street i lived on from the train tracks.) I mean what an as*hole!

like is there no other crime to fight tonite? So far living in santa rosa I havent had any bad expieriances with the cops

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 1:09 pm

On a jackass movie (don't remember which one I was watching it on tv) they had called the cops to let them know they were doing a stunt, so they should not freakout if calls come in. One of them was laying on a broken windshield with fake blood all over, the cops came and he got arrested I think.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 1:30 pm

Shadewraith wrote:
I wonder if you can get in trouble for drinking water out of a vodka bottle XD

:lol: I wonder too.

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 2:25 pm

richardbenson wrote:
I when I lived in flagstaff, they'd harrass me all the time,

flagstaff, with I-40 going through the middle, has sheriffs, highway patrol, city cops, and a whole bunch of university cops too. 8O I used to live there too, and was very lucky only got one ticket for expired plates.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 11:44 pm

My favorite is to smoke tobacco from a small hookah in my care while waiting for a ferry, gets me questioned nearly every time.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 12:56 am

mntn13 wrote:
shrox, a relative of mine use to chew tobacco; & while driving in his car he would expectorate into a root beer bottle. A cop pulled him over, and my relative asked if he wanted to smell the contents, after the cop didn't believe him as to what was in there. Kind of payback I guess.

I used to go out with a guy who at one time had been involved in the trafficing of an illegal stimulant type substance. This was the 80s. He had been out of that line of work for a while but they were suspicious enough of him about a group of people who had been coming and going from his place to be able to get a search warrant. I don't remember what it was based on but they thought he was selling coke again.

He had been drinking tequila all weekend and eating Mexican food and early Monday morning he was in his bathroom on his toilet. He heard a knock at the door and somebody yelling and before he could yell back that he was in the bathroom, his front door was kicked in. Because he started yelling and trying to get up from the toilet, the cops ran into the bathroom. He was pulling up his pants and reaching for the handle to flush. One cop thought he had him and yelled "DONT FLUSH THAT!" and immediately stuck his hand down in the water. He thought Billy was trying to flush evidence. Billy had been drinking tequila and eating Mexican food all weekend. You know what that toilet bowl was like.

Now, that's some payback for sure. They didn't even find anything at all in his place that they could charge him with. Not even weed.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

dcs002
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Mar 2012, 1:51 am

hanyo wrote:
It does kind of worry me because if they do bother me I don't have any id except one that has been expired for many years and I don't always carry it with me.

If you are in the US, and you are not driving (or doing anything else that requires a license or a permit), then the police are allowed to ask to see your ID, but you aren't even required to acknowledge to them, much less show them anything. You are not required to have an ID.

League_Girl wrote:
In Dumb and Dumber, Harry and Lloyd had empty beer bottles and Lloyd used them to piss in and they get pulled over and the cop thought they were drinking. So I bet having empty beer bottles in your car can be a crime if a cop sees them.

In Minnesota, having empty beer bottles and other containers that once contained alcoholic beverages in your car is illegal (the Open Container law). The police can always say they had probable cause to pull a person over if they see them drinking from a brown long-neck bottle while driving, and in the US most judged would probably agree. We have to make our decisions based on what outcome is most likely, not what "should" happen. If it's your goal to get harassed by the police when you've done nothing illegal, that's hardly a challenge.