Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Alienboy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Mar 2012, 2:07 am

This type of thing goes through my mind once in a while. I actually had this thought about what if there are people who act super NT on the outside, but on the inside they are nerdy and just afraid to show anyone? A few examples would be popular and attractive men and women who usually go to clubs and stuff like this, but maybe they secretly enjoy playing video games when nobody is around lol. I am not just talking about Super Mario Bros. or Wii Fit...I mean does anyone know a man or woman who acts all cool (clubs,drinking, partying, hip-hop, etc.)...but plays hardcore nerdy stuff like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, etc? Now if there are some people in this world like this...it would be really crazy haha.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 3:08 am

I remember a guy from high school that watched Star Trek:TNG all the time, but he kept it a secret. He told me cause he knew I liked it a lot too. Afterwards he said "don't tell anybody!" :lmao:

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 10:42 am

I'm somewhat like this, IE, I wear preppy clothes and otherwise look like sorta an aloof preppy person at first glance, and I work out and stuff, too.

Biggest example I've met (maybe she's my dream girl, she doesn't go to the rink much anymore, so I don't see her often) is a girl who is also somewhat aloof, and wears preppyish clothing and is good looking. When I played L'Arc En Ciel one day, she was like "THIS IS MY FAVORITE BAND" and I never guessed she liked Japanese music. Later, we're talking, and yep, she did like Japanese music a lot, and knew a lot about it. Also, she admitted to me she was a closet anime nerd, and wanted to go to Japan to be an English teacher. But, on first glance, you'd have never guessed. Honestly I do suspect NVLD/AS in her, as she has the same problem as me, of just writing too much on papers and whatnot, that and I see some of the same coordination problems in her skating as I do in mine.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 1:45 pm

Other than myself & most of my friends? Hmm, I cannot recall any! ROFLMAO
I am this person. Well, I do dress any way I feel like even today.

Sincerely,
Matthew

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 7:11 pm

I'm sure they probably exist. I don't know any, though. All the nerds I know are openly nerdy.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 7:18 pm

Alienboy wrote:
This type of thing goes through my mind once in a while. I actually had this thought about what if there are people who act super NT on the outside, but on the inside they are nerdy and just afraid to show anyone? A few examples would be popular and attractive men and women who usually go to clubs and stuff like this, but maybe they secretly enjoy playing video games when nobody is around lol. I am not just talking about Super Mario Bros. or Wii Fit...I mean does anyone know a man or woman who acts all cool (clubs,drinking, partying, hip-hop, etc.)...but plays hardcore nerdy stuff like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, etc? Now if there are some people in this world like this...it would be really crazy haha.

Playing video games is no longer nerdy, playing video games is totally acceptable, and I think a woman who plays hardcore video games is pretty cool actually, I'd fully expect most guys to see that as a plus, not a nerdism.

I'm something of a closet extrovert, I don't think most people realize how much I enjoy parties, loud stuff, chatting, dinners etc, people assume I'm introverted and quiet because I'm intelligent, it's annoying.