Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 4:47 pm

I just today got the entire Shrek saga on blu ray and Puss in Boots to go along with it. I loved Shrek alot when it came out on video and I watched it all the time and Shrek 2 as well. But I was watching the film today and I thought good but not as fun as it use to be. Don't get me wrong it's still one of my favourite animated movies, it wouldn't be in my top 10 but it would probably be in my top 20 or 25. I usually have this way with other movies I like as well. I could watch my favourite movie ever and probably feel kinda bored or something else one day, but on another I would totally enjoy it and not think about what happened last time and it would happen again or I would feel that other movies I like, are better than others I like better than, though sometimes I would rearrange the list of films in my head. It's happens before with Shrek and Shrek 2 and I almost enjoy Shrek the Third and Shrek Forever After more. OK, I'm not saying I like those last 2 better than the first 2 because lets face it they're not that good especially Third, but sometimes I have little weak moments and I feel like they do because as I've mentioned before I've seen the first 2 so many times in the past and I guess thats what almost makes the other 2 not better but more easier to watch.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 5:01 pm

Shrek 1 - At first, I was scared of the Orge Fiona when I was a kid, but as I grew older, I found the film to be really funny, Donkey in my opinion was the best character in the film.
Shrek 2 - Even better than the first one, the plot was original, also I love how they make the evil charcters the handsome ones, and the good characters the ugly ones. In contrary to Disney, who always make the good characters look beautiful or handsome, and make the evil ones ugly, what kind of message is that?
Shrek 3 - My least favourite, it's okay, but it just doesn't feel the same, and it's nowhere near as funny as the others, the storyline felt kinda boring in my opinion.
Shrek 4 - Meh, better than the 3rd one and had a much better storyline, but I still felt like something was missing from it.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

Princess78
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: Massachusetts, or in a cottage with seven little men

28 Mar 2012, 7:10 pm

I haven't seen Puss in Boots, yet, but I'd like to! :D I think out of all the Shrek movies, the first one was the best, because it had a message: Beauty is more than what we see. I would have to agree with Sponge Bob Rocks Mao. We don't get this message from the Disney movies, where the beautiful or handsome characters are good, and the ugly ones are bad. In the Shrek movies, we see that beautiful or handsome doesn't always equal good, and that ugly doesn't always equal bad. I would also have to agree that the third and fourth films fell a little short. By that time, they were just milking it, and something was lost.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 4:41 pm

I can say after watching Shrek 2 and Shrek the Third today on blu ray that I love Shrek 2 the most and the first one is my second. I didn't really laugh that much because I know all the jokes I've heard a hundred times, but I did grin alot and snickered a little.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 10:37 am

I've enjoyed of all the the Shrek films, except for the short TV animation 'Shrek the Halls' - 30 mins that I couldn't wait to end.

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Oct 2014, 6:06 am

Shrek:Pretty good.
Shrek 2:Even better.
Shrek the Third:My favourite.
Shrek Forever After:As good as Shrek 2.
Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor