Why does my internet lose connection in GOOD weather???

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 12:23 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I thought random discussion would be the best place. I've noticed a pattern with the internet and when it disconnects itself, and I have found that it disconnects more in good weather conditions. We're going through a patch of warm, sunny weather at the moment, and ever since the internet has been playing up. When there are a lot of clouds in the sky, it doesn't play up as often. When we have wind or rain, the internet has an excellent connection, and the rougher the weather, the better the internet stays connected, and it's so quick too. In fog it's brilliant too, and in snow. Well, in all weathers really, except in sunny weather and clear nights.

Does anyone else get this strange problem? Do you know why the internet connection plays up more in clear weather conditions, when you would have thought it'd be the other way around?

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 12:26 pm

The computer is telling you that it's a nice day today and you must go out into the fresh air. Computers are becoming cleverer by the day, i-robot will soon be a reality. Image

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 12:33 pm

I found that sometimes. I don't know whether it has something to do with the weather or if it's just an odd coincidence.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 12:36 pm

ISP-employees must be having a day off.

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 12:39 pm

erm overheating? not performing as well because its hot? You got it in a none ventilated location?

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 12:41 pm

Because God's in a good mood. :P

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 12:59 pm

Possibly bad connections outdoors somewhere; warm weather causing expansion and causing a poor connection somewhere. My connection gets worse is wet weather, but the line is very old and the insulation flaking off, so in my case I think the wet causes short circuits. The telecoms company (Orange) is too mean to replace their obsolete lines here.

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 1:05 pm

MONKEY wrote:
The computer is telling you that it's a nice day today and you must go out into the fresh air. Computers are becoming cleverer by the day, i-robot will soon be a reality. Image

Cool! I love Sonny! I want to meet him when I'm older. Image

Honestly though, I just came here to say that. No idea why your internet is being weird, sorry, but MONKEY's suggestion is the most plausible in my opinion....

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 3:24 pm

rabbitears wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

Cool! I love Sonny! I want to meet him when I'm older. Image

Honestly though, I just came here to say that. No idea why your internet is being weird, sorry, but MONKEY's suggestion is the most plausible in my opinion....

That's what I was beginning to think.