Page 1 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 439

31 Mar 2012, 8:00 pm

I found an article that said that aspies are more likely to be agnostic and atheist than NT's.

http://www.scienceandreligiontoday.com/ ... agnostics/

What do you think?


_________________
Aspie score: 164/200
NT score: 60/200
You are very likely an Aspie!

AQ: 36


Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

31 Mar 2012, 8:03 pm

Not really I am a christian not agnostic or atheist but it does make since that people will see it that way I will be waiting for the religious bashing to start in this thread like all the others that deal with religion.



Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jan 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,194
Location: wrongplanet

31 Mar 2012, 8:06 pm

Going by how snappish people are on this site about how religion is silly I agree


_________________
www.wrongplanet.net


Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

31 Mar 2012, 8:09 pm

Religion is silly to you to be it's how I live my life.



webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 8 Feb 2012
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 427

31 Mar 2012, 8:10 pm

Religion tends to hurt the aspie who can't see it as anything other than what it says. Personally I've been religious and have sought out all of the major religions looking for a 'god' and never found one. I believed for a while, but if it is true that aspies want people to be honest with them and say what they mean in very clear terms, then when they realize that the religious are just pretending, they are bound to be pissed off and stoning them even more for being hurt will only hurt them more. So aspies are more likely to be atheists. Yay good for them (us?).

Hey Joker... What's not about a dog? I don't know all of the German you used.



Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

31 Mar 2012, 8:12 pm

webcam wrote:
Religion tends to hurt the aspie who can't see it as anything other than what it says. Personally I've been religious and have sought out all of the major religions looking for a 'god' and never found one. I believed for a while, but if it is true that aspies want people to be honest with them and say what they mean in very clear terms, then when they realize that the religious are just pretending, they are bound to be pissed off and stoning them even more for being hurt will only hurt them more. So aspies are more likely to be atheists. Yay good for them (us?).

Hey Joker... What's not about a dog? I don't know all of the German you used.


The quote says in german Dean Men Don't Tell Tales.



Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jan 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,194
Location: wrongplanet

31 Mar 2012, 8:13 pm

Joker wrote:
Religion is silly to you to be it's how I live my life.


I never said that I thought religion was silly, I was joking about how people are so quick to say that it is.


_________________
www.wrongplanet.net


Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

31 Mar 2012, 8:15 pm

Alexender wrote:
Joker wrote:
Religion is silly to you to be it's how I live my life.


I never said that I thought religion was silly, I was joking about how people are so quick to say that it is.


Oh sorry Alexender I was just waiting for some one to say something insulting about it I know for a fact they will soon.



Cornflake
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,969
Location: Over there

31 Mar 2012, 8:27 pm

Joker wrote:
The quote says in german Dean Men Don't Tell Tales.
Or rather more literally: "A dead dog does not bite".
And Joker - the best way to deal with insults, even imagined ones - is to ignore them. :wink:


_________________
Giraffe: a ruminant with a view.


Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

31 Mar 2012, 8:28 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Joker wrote:
The quote says in german Dean Men Don't Tell Tales.
Or rather more literally: "A dead dog does not bite".
And Joker - the best way to deal with insults, even imagined ones - is to ignore them.


I have the will power to but I have to much pride.



abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2007
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,380

31 Mar 2012, 8:40 pm

Joker wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
Joker wrote:
The quote says in german Dean Men Don't Tell Tales.
Or rather more literally: "A dead dog does not bite".
And Joker - the best way to deal with insults, even imagined ones - is to ignore them.


I have the will power to but I have to much pride.


If your pride is beating your will, you don't have enough will power to ignore them :wink:


I think people on the spectrum tend to lean more towards atheism or agnosticism because they make logical sense. There is no "this is the invisible zombie in the sky. He loves you but unless you follow all of his arbitrary rules you're going to suffer for all eternity" type BS, there is science and reason.


_________________
A shot gun blast into the face of deceit
You'll gain your just reward.
We'll not rest until the purge is complete
You will reap what you've sown.


webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 8 Feb 2012
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 427

31 Mar 2012, 8:43 pm

Joker wrote:
Alexender wrote:
Joker wrote:
Religion is silly to you to be it's how I live my life.


I never said that I thought religion was silly, I was joking about how people are so quick to say that it is.


Oh sorry Alexender I was just waiting for some one to say something insulting about it I know for a fact they will soon.


*bites*

Religion is stupid!

*yum*

Just having some fun :)



Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

31 Mar 2012, 8:45 pm

That makes since it's the logical choice but my religion is a family thing really I love my faith but hate how people claim to follow it do so much evil in the world with it.



iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 439

31 Mar 2012, 8:47 pm

I personally am a agnostic. and the whole literally thinking thing, I can see how many see more into a "we honestly don't know" other than a "god or natural" debate.


_________________
Aspie score: 164/200
NT score: 60/200
You are very likely an Aspie!

AQ: 36


UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 656

31 Mar 2012, 9:02 pm

I'm not at all surprised, because from what I understand, Aspies are very logical people. I don't believe in a god because I don't think there's enough evidence. That being said, I haven't really dove in and done all the research, either. But I doubt my opinion would change.