Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

SolAngel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Apr 2012, 11:14 pm

I have OCD and possibly ADHD and/or Asperger's, however my therapist is unsure yet of which. However, I thought the hallmarks of ADHD/Asperger's is that you have a tendency to tell people how you really feel. I can't do that. I'm introverted and I get anxious when I think someone doesn't like me for whatever reason. I get angry sometimes because I let people walk all over me because I can't tell them how I really feel. How is it possible that I could possibly have ADHD/Aspergers? Could it have something to do with the OCD? I'm starting Prozac next week...if it is the OCD will my tendency to get anxious over hurting other peoples feelings stop so that I don't get so anxious over telling people how I feel because I go to bed angry sometimes thinking about how someone has taken advantage of the fact that I don't like to stir the pot. Thanks for letting me vent. Any advice would help.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 11:20 pm

Lol that is not the hallmark of it. Shy is fairly similar to timid, and shy is also similar to introverted. Lots of the time people with autism are said to be more honest and from that also more naive. It is a naive thing to think that everyone should be friends with you. People with aspergers do NOT like confrontation a lot of the time.

Even though I sort of called you naive I am not saying it in a condescending way, I am naive too.

BunnyMum
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Apr 2012, 11:25 pm

Well, I have ADHD-I and Asperger's and I'm very timid! My confidence is low so I never have the courage to tell others how I feel. If someone's hurt me I'll wait till I'm at home then have a good cry and a curse or two. I'll tell them how I feel when they're not around to hear me.

I'm introverted and also get anxious when I think someone doesn't like me.

You sound like a normal Aspie with ADHD to me :)

scubasteve
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 11:51 pm

There is no hallmark.

There are a lot of possible characteristics, but very few (if any) of us have all of them.

What you've described so far are some of the many characteristics that are associated with Asperger's syndrome.

However, they are also associated with other possible diagnoses, which may have to be ruled out before diagnosing Asperger's.

SolAngel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Apr 2012, 8:44 am

Thanks everyone...your posts make me feel so much better. I come home feeling pretty bad most days because my confidence is low too and I don't know how to tell people that I dislike what they are doing...what makes things worst is I work with another person but I'm the head of the our two person teamed teaching area and she is always telling me what to do granted she has been their longer then me. Isn't there a book or something out there that will explain all this social stuff to me? How does one go about increasing their confidence and learning not to feel sucky about having OCD, anxiety and possibly ADHD/Asperger's or both. I feel so embarrassed and stupid most days because I can't get it together...I've been seeing the therapist for a month...how long does this kind of thing take?

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 11:52 am

SolAngel wrote:
Thanks everyone...your posts make me feel so much better. I come home feeling pretty bad most days because my confidence is low too and I don't know how to tell people that I dislike what they are doing...what makes things worst is I work with another person but I'm the head of the our two person teamed teaching area and she is always telling me what to do granted she has been their longer then me. Isn't there a book or something out there that will explain all this social stuff to me? How does one go about increasing their confidence and learning not to feel sucky about having OCD, anxiety and possibly ADHD/Asperger's or both. I feel so embarrassed and stupid most days because I can't get it together...I've been seeing the therapist for a month...how long does this kind of thing take?

SolAngel - I can't help. But when you figure it, let me know. I struggle with exactly the same stuff you describe. You are not alone.