Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

theonlysane1
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Apr 2012, 2:10 pm

I'm looking for opinions from people who have played Rocksmith for the PS3 or 360. I'm not a console gamer, but it's coming to PC, well...eventually...and I'm looking into possibly getting it.

I understand it's more of a learning tool than a real game like, say, Guitar Hero, but it still looks pretty fun. Any opinions, good or bad?

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 12:27 pm

I haven't played it but I will say this: if you want a guitar rhythm game, get this instead of guitar hero. It's a far more productive use of the playing you learn.

Tom Morello of rage Against the Machine/Audioslave said that he can't play Guitar Hero and is a guitar legend, while Guitar Hero players can't play real guitar. Buy the real.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 9:02 am

I'd say it is okay, although annoyingly due to the trend of persistent gaming going on today, some content is locked until you go through the campaign mode. Like most of the items included in the freestyle amp mode are locked, and some of the minigames that can let you get some practice with different guitar techniques are locked as well.

Also, if you haven't already I'd take a look at the music library available in the game, it won't be a very fun game if you don't like the music selection.