Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 2:11 pm

shrox wrote:
abacacus wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
shrox wrote:
It happens to me occasionally, and every time I visit Las Vegas. It really makes me understand how women feel when some jerk won't leave them alone.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas :P
A Quaker Does Vegas sounds like some kind of 80s comedy, possibly a parody of Escape from New York

I'd watch A Quaker Does Vegas, if done right it could be hilarious.

With Mad Max overtones, I have the car...

It used to have bullet hole stickers, but it peeled them off one day. People thought they were real it turned out!

:lol: I wish I had a Quaker friend like you around here

08 Apr 2012, 2:51 pm

Vigilans wrote:
abacacus wrote:
How would a gay man go about recruiting? Forcibly pulling down a mans pants and giving him head to show guys do it better? Bend over and reverse charge?

I don't know but I have seen plenty of straight guys harassing quiet and unassuming males and calling them gay. Are they trying to recruit on behalf of gays or are they just dickheads?

Um, this is sexual harassment we are talking about. I'd imagine that ostensibly straight men who make uninvited sexual advances on other men(essentially treating their targets like women) are quite likely closeted gay men. They think they have a better chance at getting away with it because a man who reports sexual harassment from other men is likely to be ridiculed and not taken seriously.

Too bad such men don't get physically violent with their harassers. In states that allow CCWs, those gay recruiters might get a gun pulled on em. :lol:

abacacus wrote:
How would a gay man go about recruiting? Forcibly pulling down a mans pants and giving him head to show guys do it better? Bend over and reverse charge?

How about buggering him in a public bathroom? Or better yet, "reaching out" to male survivors of pedophilia and brainwashing them into believing that they're gay.

Last edited by AspieRogue on 08 Apr 2012, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 2:59 pm

I am against sexual harassment of any kind it seems that most men working in the. Fashion industry will be often accused of being gay when their are some strait men working in the fashion industry and not just gay or transgender men.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 3:17 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
Um, this is sexual harassment we are talking about. I'd imagine that ostensibly straight men who make uninvited sexual advances on other men(essentially treating their targets like women) are quite likely closeted gay men. They think they have a better chance at getting away with it because a man who reports sexual harassment from other men is likely to be ridiculed and not taken seriously.

I count it as sexual harassment as does the law. I am also not necessarily talking about sexual advances but insinuation and ridicule of the individual's sexuality. Unless every jock and douchebag teenager is actually gay your theory will not hold much weight

AspieRogue wrote:
Too bad such men don't get physically violent with their harassers. In states that allow CCWs, those gay recruiters might get a gun pulled on em. :lol:

First there needs to be such a thing as a gay recruiter. Since there isn't, that will never happen

AspieRogue wrote:
How about buggering him in a public bathroom? Or better yet, "reaching out" to male survivors of pedophilia and brainwashing them into believing that they're gay.

Because male survivors wear signs advertising this, and gay people are known to make advances on adult victims of pedophilia. :roll:

08 Apr 2012, 3:22 pm

Vigilans wrote:

Because male survivors wear signs advertising this, and gay people are known to make advances on adult victims of pedophilia. :roll:

Which is why certain gay men become counselors and attempt to work in places where they have ACCESS to survivors. Furthermore, homosexual assault is not uncommon in Alcoholics Anonymous(and Narcotics Anonymous) since senior members are restricted to sponsoring new members of the same sex only.

08 Apr 2012, 3:24 pm

Vigilans wrote:
I am also not necessarily talking about sexual advances but insinuation and ridicule of the individual's sexuality.

That is not classified as sexual harassment. It certainly IS harassment and bigotry, but sexual harassment refers to uninvited sexual advances.

Last edited by AspieRogue on 08 Apr 2012, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 3:31 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
I am also not necessarily talking about sexual advances but insinuation and ridicule of the individual's sexuality.

That is not classified as sexual harassment. It certainly IS harassment and bigotry, but sexual harassment refers to uninvited sexual advances.

From Wiki:

Sexual harassment is intimidation, bullying or coercion of a sexual nature, or the unwelcome or inappropriate promise of rewards in exchange for sexual favors.[1] In most modern legal contexts sexual harassment is illegal. As defined by EEOC, "It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person’s sex. Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.

Harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature, however, and can include offensive remarks about a person’s sex. For example, it is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general.

Both victim and the harasser can be either a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be the same sex.

Although the law doesn’t prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted).

AspieRogue wrote:
Which is why certain gay men become counselors and attempt to work in places where they have ACCESS to survivors. Furthermore, homosexual assault is not uncommon in Alcoholics Anonymous(and Narcotics Anonymous) since senior members are restricted to sponsoring new members of the same sex only.

This sounds like something off of Glenn Beck University web page. Where did you even hear about this? Can you please provide me a link or anything? (hopefully not to Glenn Beck University :lol: )

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 3:34 pm

shrox wrote:
abacacus wrote:
As a car guy, the added weight on that car for no purpose irks me hardcore. But, whatever floats yer boat I guess.

Weight? It's plastic. Certainly some drag there, but I'm going for a Death Race/Mad Max look. The car is an art car project of mine.

You'd be hundreds of times better off with a hole in the hood and a turbo sticking out. Make sure you have a welded metal box and some mesh though, one stone chip in that turbo and it's ruined :lol:

You will reap what you've sown.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 3:38 pm

A hot nurse tried to kiss me when we were alone, but that was more a close-up lustful look and invitation than harassment. She didn't physically touch me.
Another time, I bent down to get something off the floor, and my lady supervisor said something about my pants, and then quickly added she wasn't looking at my butt or anything.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 3:43 pm

AspieRogue- anyway do not get the impression from me that I do not believe that gay men sexually harass straight men. I know it does happen and have seen it happen. It is hard for men to admit to being harassed in such a manner by gay people or women

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 5:55 pm

Harassment is wrong regardless of whom the victim is, but the idea that gays need to 'recruit' is just silly.

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 6:29 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
TBH, I suspect that the gay guys harassing the straight Gucci salesman were attempting to recruit him into their lifestyle. Since any straight man who is subjected to unwanted attention by gays is assumed to be a closet case, then gay men can just say "well everbody else thinks you're gay, so you might as well just come out and join our lifestyle". :? I mean, what's going on here? The fact that these incidents are increasing as gays become more present and more visible in the workforce and there are now laws that protect them from discrimination is very telling. Maybe, just maybe, there really is a kernel of truth to the outlandish claim that since gays cannot reproduce, they *must* recruit.

Thoughts?

"Gay Recruitment" is a myth. Here is the real story:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2w2TRxSLxw[/youtube]

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 6:34 pm

HerrGrimm wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
TBH, I suspect that the gay guys harassing the straight Gucci salesman were attempting to recruit him into their lifestyle. Since any straight man who is subjected to unwanted attention by gays is assumed to be a closet case, then gay men can just say "well everbody else thinks you're gay, so you might as well just come out and join our lifestyle". :? I mean, what's going on here? The fact that these incidents are increasing as gays become more present and more visible in the workforce and there are now laws that protect them from discrimination is very telling. Maybe, just maybe, there really is a kernel of truth to the outlandish claim that since gays cannot reproduce, they *must* recruit.

Thoughts?

"Gay Recruitment" is a myth. Here is the real story:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2w2TRxSLxw[/youtube]

He is absolutely right

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 6:42 pm

LKL wrote:
Harassment is wrong regardless of whom the victim is, but the idea that gays need to 'recruit' is just silly.

Um. I was promised a free toaster if I would live "the gay lifestyle" for a year.

Someone owes me a toaster. :?

to his Interest."

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 6:45 pm

I am pretty sure "gay recruitment" of straight men is a myth. Look what they have to compete against...

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 6:51 pm

Drunk strippers?

to his Interest."