Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 10:16 am

I am trying to write a book and I go through periods where I seem to have too many ideas coming and going in my head and so I get into the state where I don't know which way to take my stories.

Does anyone else have this problem? Although it is stimulating it can get me frustrated because it is like trying to catch a fly on speed.

crookedfingers
Raven
Raven

10 Apr 2012, 10:40 am

All the time :D I end up giving up most of the time, hopefully you can do better.

An old habit I need to get back into is writing my Ideas down for later, in short notes.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 11:24 am

Same problem here. I wish I could offer some advice on how to deal with it, but I can't.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 11:34 am

I just put down the dea with an analytical breakdown of where I could take it and continue the story later with what would suit it best. I used to do that, but have gone to lyrics writing exclusively.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 12:14 pm

Voice recorder or cell phone with the corresponding function. You can describe it in great length and much faster than writing, also if you're on the way, no need to find a place to sit down and write, just take your gadget and talk.

Sometime later i transcribe it, each idea on an index card, add cross--references and a headline and file it in alphabetical order. This way nothing gets lost.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 3:06 pm

I almost always write them down but my problem is trying to pick the correct route for my stories. I am always changing my mind and get dispondent with conflicting ideas or inconsistancies.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 4:37 pm

BrandonSP wrote:
Same problem here. I wish I could offer some advice on how to deal with it, but I can't.

Same here.