Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 6:37 am

A stranger walks by, wearing awkward shoes and walking noticably funny.

My reaction: Oh dear, I hope she doesn't fall over and hurt herself.
NT reaction: Oh, look at that person over there, look at the way she's walking! Oh my god (laughs) oh my god, what a stupid idiot she looks, she looks really funny (stares and laughs) look at the way she's walking! (stares again)

This has actually happened before.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 8:33 pm

Setting: High School

The teacher tells us we have an assignment we have to do in a group and we are allowed to choose are groups

NT students: Look at their little clique before the teacher says "GO!" and gets together super quickly

Me: Sits for the 40 seconds the NTs take to form their groups and groans and joins a group of people that I barely know (but they all know each other)

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 8:37 pm

ocdgirl123 wrote:
Setting: High School

The teacher tells us we have an assignment we have to do in a group and we are allowed to choose are groups

NT students: Look at their little clique before the teacher says "GO!" and gets together super quickly

Me: Sits for the 40 seconds the NTs take to form their groups and groans and joins a group of people that I barely know (but they all know each other)

Yeah, I hated that if I was in a class where I didn't have any friends which was usually the case. I usually withed that the teachers would choose our groups or it was opposite if I had a friend or two in that class, that we got to choose the groups.

MiatheMutant
Raven
Raven

17 Apr 2012, 10:26 pm

Carpooling with my mom on the way home from school:

NT: Yeah, my day was great. I had lunch with So-and-So and her friends and I think I passed that bio test I told you about yesterday! How was your day?

Me: Ooh... They finally took out the dead palm trees... *Pull out on main street and cringe at the sound of a siren down the road.* That's the sixth ambulance I've seen this week. Did you know that the merle gene in dogs that causes blue eyes and a distinctive skin pattern in some breeds is linked to deafness? Oh, remember that biology test I was talking about like two weeks ago? I finished it in 17 minutes. It was so easy it was fun. :D
Needless to say I usually end up listening to my iPod and reading license plates and stickers the whole way home, from the back seat.

Undiagnosed: marginal costs > marginal benefits

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

17 Apr 2012, 11:27 pm

I remember being at a friend's apartment for a roleplaying game. One of her friends arrived unannounced with an infant. I was annoyed at the interruption, and didn't really pay much attention to this person as I did not know her or her baby. I recall someone making snarky comments about how women are supposed to fuss over babies, which annoyed me further.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 11:36 pm

When first meeting someone, NTs usually say "Hi, nice to meet you, I'm ________________."
My first meeting; "Hi, could you please move your car? I am having a tree removed today," or something like that.
I only talk to them in order to make a request or ask a question and leave without telling them who I am. This is sacrilege to NTs. Introductions are everything.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 1:12 pm

MiatheMutant wrote:
. . . Did you know that the merle gene in dogs that causes blue eyes and a distinctive skin pattern in some breeds is linked to deafness? Oh, remember that biology test I was talking about like two weeks ago? I finished it in 17 minutes. It was so easy it was fun. :D . . .

That sounds like such a more interesting conversation! I love those kind of tidbits of information that I never knew existed. :nemo:

But I guess it also sounds like a monologue.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 8:13 am

Quote:
But I guess it also sounds like a monologue.

It also sounds like my conversations.