Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 8:25 am

my brother works for dominos pizza as a delivary boy although sometimes he does work inside the dominos pizza house.

more too the point i was drunk one friday with my friends. after a night out in the town we went into dominos too order a pizza and being under the influence i shouted "my brother johnny works here". thankfully there were only 2 people working in the domino's shop that night and my brother had a night off work.

when i told my brother what i did he was angry with me and said how embarresing it was.

how come my brother was so annoyed with me for what i did?

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 8:58 am

How old is he? If he is out of college then he probably wishes he was not working at a fast food place

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 9:16 am

overly sensitive
maybe he thought you were too drunk to be there,you gave his co-workers a hard time(sober people get annoyed by drunks?)

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 10:12 am

my brother is 19 and will be 20 in a few months

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 10:17 am

I dunno, possible he was embarrassed that you acted obnoxious to people he worked with, not saying you did butwhat he might have thoight

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 12:05 pm

i was not acting rude too anybody. shouting "my brother works here" is not really rude. i was nothing but polite too the people who served me there as well. i don't really see what the big fuss is about?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 3:58 pm

Your brother probably wishes that he had a better job.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 4:21 pm

He could have felt ashamed. A lot of people believe that their family is a sign of combined reputation, and those worried about their image tend to worry about how their family appears too.

I'm not saying I understand it... but my father admitted to being ashamed of me for my first 21 years of life until he found his god... because I wasn't good enough to be his son. Because I wasn't like him, and he thought people would associate me being a failure (failure in his eyes), with being the son of a supposed successful man... and somehow... that brought shame upon him :?

This sounds more isolated and less severe in your example... but I do think it's a pride thing, that he doesn't want to be seen as a family member of someone who drinks or is drunk in public. Since drinking or being drunk in public is generally frowned upon.

To me, I don't understand it, I just understand the concept from 21 years of experiencing being the shame end of it :/

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 4:43 pm

Lace-Bane wrote:
He could have felt ashamed. A lot of people believe that their family is a sign of combined reputation, and those worried about their image tend to worry about how their family appears too.

I thought of that too, but couldn't think of how to word what i was thinking so it wouldn't appear like I was trying to be mean.

Freak-Z
Toucan
Toucan

11 Apr 2012, 4:55 pm

Because loud drunks are annoying.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 6:01 pm

Yeah. That. ^^^^

You showed up drunk at his place of work. I'd be pretty annoyed if you did that to me too. It's where he makes his living. Drunks showing up at your place of work are usually a concern for the business owners and managers. If it happens once, it may happen again. I wouldn't be surprised if he's already heard from his bosses about your visit, and been told not to let it happen again. When you show up at his place of employment drunk, whether you or he like it or not, it reflects on him.

Not a good choice on your part. Besides, if there had been a cop there, you could have been arrested for public intoxication. If you're going to drink, order the pizza's first, then go home and stay off the streets. Been there, done that. It's a bad idea all around. Keep it at home. Nobody cares what you do there as long as you aren't hurting anybody or causing a disturbance.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...